Wizards true dps competition

Discussion in 'Wizard' started by ARCHIVED-Grimdayl, Nov 23, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Admhel Guest

WE LOST!

Scouts/Brawlers are dual wielding prismatics which are 26pow/tick. and are able to hit 60+ mobs. Our prizzy 2 staff is a 2hs, 14pow/tick. That right there is a low blow for us. With this much regen then go all out dps without worrying about mana probs. I see rangers/Assassins burning 40% or their pwr pool and still doubles my damage output in a epic x4 single target mob, whereas, i'm here leeching myself to death with my 400+ power costs a3 and m1 spells!!
  2. ARCHIVED-masseman Guest

This is an observation I made as well and is a true sign of exactly how broken the Wizard is on raids. In groups, fights never last long enough to notice this but more or less every raid is like this when the final fight is a single or double target boss. Power costs of our spells must go down and casting times must be reduced, until then Wizards are BROKEN on raids. Even though we got a small boost DPS-wise by the combat revampe we are actually much worse off now, because of the power shortage problems on raids. Before we had much better mana conversion spells and much more effective power feeds we could use to have a secondary role as manapumps. I think the problems we have is that the devs do not really think much about the caster classes, but if they do - they must hate casters:smileyhappy:

Message Edited by masseman on 12-09-2005 08:08 AM
  3. ARCHIVED-Admhel Guest

manadumps? [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] u talking about.. my m1 essential intromission only pumps out 174 power/20 secs!!
    That's not enough for an Ice Comet. Mind you this is a master spell.. and only has a 22power upgrade from an a3 manadump! At least give it some boost! like 700'ish or something. In addition, Give us a manashield spell, that uses our pwr pool as a ward for incoming 1 shot kill attacks from epic x4's instead of a direct HP attack cuz Mail of Frost ain't worth a [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]. that 400-600 ward isn't enough to withstand an incoming 5k attack from a mob with my our crappy >20% mitigation.
  4. ARCHIVED-NightGod473 Guest

Did you actually read his message Admhel? He was agreeing with you and saying that mana dumps *used* to be good...
  5. ARCHIVED-Admhel Guest

of course, I'm not disagreeing with him.. cuz we lost one of our dump spells, but for us to have 1 mana dump with only >174 power transfer now is utterly ridiculous.