Wizards being nerfed??

Discussion in 'Wizard' started by ARCHIVED-Mirrian, Jun 6, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Mirrian Guest

Someone in the general forum said something about wizards becoming a much weaker class after the next GU. Anybody know what they are doing or is this just idle rumor mill talk. I love my wiz, sure wouldn't want to see a huge nerf come along.
  2. ARCHIVED-Bright_Morn Guest

The issue that they are talking about is the incomming general proc nerf that all classes are going to experience. This will effect wizards but it is not a direct nerf to the class.
    Basically for endgame the effects of base damage and crits that are currently applied to procs are being removed from effecting procs at all (both healing and damage), this will lower the DPS(and healing) earned from procs by quite a bit.
  3. ARCHIVED-Larrius2 Guest

I am glad it is not just the wizards getting nerfed so it is a rumor about just the wizards getting it. Also I agree with you on that Mirrian all classes are getting nerfed prob any idea what patch it is gonna be?
  4. ARCHIVED-Liyle Guest

So, the procs themselves are not being nerfed in quantity or quality, but rather the boost effects on them from the normal state and crits? I tend to try to visualize things in terms of dice rolling and I have been having a hard time sorting this out. Not sure I get it yet simply because I don't know the timing for procs as far as when they fall in the casting cycle.
  5. ARCHIVED-Morghus Guest

The nerf will generally make any item proc with a variable damage range like say 500 - 1000 worse than any items which procs for a fixed amount like say 800. Procs may very well become an afterthought after the change. The wand of elemental knowledge from crucible for example will become quite bad as it will probably only hit for around 400 - 1100 after the change where I could hit for around 3600 or so before.
  6. ARCHIVED-Pales Guest

Essentially, damage procs would be affected by the toon's spell crit and spell mod, making them hit much harder than the item description reads. After this update, procs will remain unaffected by any mods, making them rather weak. This affects all classes that use proc items, not only wizards. I hear the most whining from the chanter forums, however :p
  7. ARCHIVED-simpwrx02 Guest

Except that spell mod as displayed on the personal window never affected procs.