Wizard Weapons

Discussion in 'Wizard' started by ARCHIVED-LeeyonPhelps, Dec 1, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-LeeyonPhelps Guest

Is there anything you guys can suggest for a lvl 21 Wiz? I currently have a Bone Bo that gives +2 to my Int, but I'm looking to get something with more Int on it. Thanks in advance!
  2. ARCHIVED-eqvach Guest

I'm in a similar situation. I'm a 20 wiz and using my Telamina's Staff of Wizardry. I just picked up a nice shield that I'd like to use, but the staff is a 2-handed weapon. I'd like a recommendation for a good 1-handed weapon.

Kainorus
    20 Wizard Guk Server
    Bloodstone Templars
  3. ARCHIVED-Stavenham Guest

Tortured Bone Wand, one handed

Damage 5-15
    Health 7
    Wisdom 2
    Intell 1
    Agility 1
    Power 8
    Strenght 1

From Vermin's Snye. Lika the Tortured, named mob. Dropped two bones, don't know if he drops more then two. Also dropped great Heavy Armor leggings. Talk to Brawler B-something at the zone in to Vermin's Snye, he tells you to talk to Dale Iornforge in N Qeynos. I don't know if you have to talk to the Brawler in VS first, or if you can go right to Dale. But he makes the bone into one of 5 weapons you can chose from.

Good stats, lets you have a second item.
  4. ARCHIVED-zalipolo Guest

What is wrong with the staff of wizardry? +6int and especially +30power
  5. ARCHIVED-Lorelai_Seabreeze Guest

Staff of Power
    Int +2 Wis +5 Str +2 Agility +3
    health +17 power +25
    skill 95-120
    damage 9-27
    delay 2
  6. ARCHIVED-LeeyonPhelps Guest

Where does one get a staff of wizardry
  7. ARCHIVED-zalipolo Guest

Staff of wizardry is given to you when you complete the class selection quest
  8. ARCHIVED-SirCopenhagen Guest

Yeah I like swords too, that is why I think I am gonna make a Ranger. here pretty soon.
  9. ARCHIVED-Pixall Guest

Personally i'd rather have 2 dual wield daggers for my weapon choice
  10. ARCHIVED-Ramokk Guest

Umm...Where'd you get that idea? It must have been nerfed after beta.

http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/item.vm?itemId=6021

It's int+1 power+14
    The stats on my staff in game (from the wizard class selection) have stats matching the one on the web site.
  11. ARCHIVED-Dark_Hehoe Guest

[IMG]

Still in game...
  12. ARCHIVED-LeeyonPhelps Guest

Apparently that's a freeport thing because the staff I got from the class quests was nowhere near that good.
  13. ARCHIVED-Ramokk Guest

Apparently the evil wizards get a far better staff than their good counterparts...

Not sure if that was by design or a bug, I'm leaning towards bug...
  14. ARCHIVED-smbavenger Guest

I personally have a splintered quarterstaff and the orb of the fallen. Orb has a decent intel boost +4.
    Message Edited by smbavenger on 12-03-2004 03:37 AM
  15. ARCHIVED-bmlavall Guest

Look into the Dusty Blue Stone Quest. When you have the option to continue the quest (Ghoulbane), opt out and you will receive a choice of 4 weapons that can be equiped somewhere around 28-32 (not sure of exact level, sorry).
  16. ARCHIVED-TGDuff Guest

Do one of these weapons include a staff? If so, what kind of stats does it have?
  17. ARCHIVED-bmlavall Guest

Yeah, sorry I had already logged off the game after just finishing the quest, and didnt remember the stats off the top of my head, but here they are:
    Toranim's Staff (2H staff)
    +6int
    +5wis
    +20 health
    +20 power
    Damage: 12-35 (at level 35)
    Base Damage: 15-46
    Delay: 2.2 seconds
    Skill Required: 150 Mastery: 175
    Weight: 5.0
  18. ARCHIVED-ShamaKavella Guest

Sticking with my mantra of more Int the better, I've got +7 int out of my dual wield setup.

Firwood Tome: +5 Int, +3wis, +16 Health, +12 Power

Sacrificual Runed Dagger: +2 Int, +2 Agi, +2st, +2wis, +13 Health, +15 power (6-18 damage, 1.7 secs)
  19. ARCHIVED-LeeyonPhelps Guest

Where did you get that dagger?
  20. ARCHIVED-Monk1981 Guest

How about that books a wizard can carry in the hand-slot?
    i know no melee damage, but all you actually do with your melee attack is breaking a mezz or a weak root of a creature which chasing you after all.
    Melee in highers are just for other classes im sry