Wizard/Warlock Soloability

Discussion in 'Wizard' started by ARCHIVED-Cypthekiller199, Aug 10, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Cypthekiller199 Guest

Well I am curious if they are good soloers?? Can they take on what Coercer, Brigand, Swashy can take on?? Can they take on yellows easy and encounters (multiple targets) and some Heroics?? I love being able to put on massive dps in a group, but dunno how good of soloers they are...thanks
  2. ARCHIVED-Zimodd Guest

Wizards can solo pretty much any melee mob. Root/nuke rules. There are some heroic caster mobs that I have had problems with at times, but with very high resists most of those don't really land their nukes and they usually don't have as many hp.
    They may not be the fastest of soloers at times, but very safe soloers.
  3. ARCHIVED-Trilarian-2 Guest

Zimodd wrote:
    Ha ha... I think I have the exact opposite view point. My wizard has the highest dps of any of my characters, and as such the solo fights are the fastest (I've yet to meet a non-heroic+ mob I can't one shot). However, if I'm careless or have a bad streak of root resist even solo mobs can add and take my well geared wizzie out. Wizards specialize in taking out named and single target heroics (as long as they are not root immune or have a heavy range attack). My SK on the other hand can wade into a sea of solo mobs and AE them all down without ever fearing death, but gets eating alive trying to solo yellow ^^^.

So from my viewpoint, wizard is not the safest as you really need to be aware of your surroundings and have very little hp, mitigation, and defensive skills. Unaccounted for adds can easily overwhelm you. If you plan your battles though, you can solo mobs that most other classes can not.
  4. ARCHIVED-jeremyhwilson Guest

Things that a Coercer can solo is in a class of it's own. Nothing else in the game can kill alot of what a Coercer can kill solo. That is if your talking 82-85^^^ heroics. Nothing else will kill them quicker or safer than a Coercer even if the mob is a mage or priest. I have both a 80 Wizard and Coercer both nearly equally geared and I would never dream of going into Chelsith to solo the fishmen or alot of the 84-85^^^ mobs that people need for epic updates (the final Necromancer mob for example). So when it comes to soloing the hardest group content I would definately say Coercer is the best there. As far as some x2 epic mobs like in Shard of Fear then Necromancer or Conjuror would be my choice. For easier heroic (Karnor's Castle other T7 70+ zones) and solo content half the classes are capable of doing this well.
  5. ARCHIVED-thajoka Guest

Strossus@Runnyeye wrote:
    Why? A wizzy can smack chel'sith around. Least now in TSO that we have more beefy AA's. In RoK yeah, Coercer hands down at that over a wizzy.