Wizard vs. Warlock (Not in terms of damage but other Unique Spells)

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Dantrag0, Dec 5, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Dantrag0 Guest

Just about to choose difference. Really undecided. I was a high level wizard on torv back in the old eq1 days and kinda curious about the unique spells offered by each. Turning into a frog is definately one but I am seeing that wizards are the only one of the two that have evac ability later on...that makes a big difference in groups. Anyone else know some more unique spell differences?
  2. ARCHIVED-Fladar Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Dantrag0 Guest

I suppose further specificity is warranted. From what I have been able to surmise Wizards receive Depart at 38. I am curious as to what spell the Warlock receives that is of similiar usage and, what I assume would be, around similar level.
  4. ARCHIVED-Deumos Guest

Fear seems to be the only spell a warlock gets that a wizard doesn't have a better version of. The perma-root spell they get doesn't seem to be group friendly and is unreliable at best vs. group mobs. I can duo group mobs very easily with a good enchanter whereas a wizard has much more trouble.

I haven't looked very closely at what spells wizards get so I can't make any other close comparisons. Once I'm 50 and one of the wizards I know get to 50 I'll be able to post some more specific things.
  5. ARCHIVED-Junaru Guest

Utility wise the Warlock is the better class. We provide more/better group buffs. We can provide power to the group both in and out of combat.

I personally think our AoE root is much better then the Wizards. Ours is just root, thiers has a DoT attached too it. While it may seem nice for added DPS the problem is an AoE root would mostly be used for Crowd Control and the added DoT will only make root break early.