Wizard or Warock for Necro duo?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Warik, Feb 23, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Warik Guest

Hi there, I have made a necro and my wife is looking at making another casting class to go with me. We are both playing rats, and she does not really care what she plays as long as it is a casting type class. I have read back a few pages and saw that warlocks worked out pretty well, but wanted to see what you guys thought of the wizzy as well?

Thanks for the help in advance and have a great day.

-War
  2. ARCHIVED-evhallion Guest

Warlocks work well due to they do the same damage type as us, disease/poison. So with both of you debuffing for the same thing you both hit harder. Wiz on the other hand is fire/ice damage, so it good to have a varity if you meet a mob with high disease/poison resist. I found it rare to run into this type though. With a necro/warlock team I also like to have a defiler as the healer for max disease damage. In the end though just go with what's fun to you.
  3. ARCHIVED-Warik Guest

Thanks for the info... one more question. Would a Necro/Necro duo be ok? She told me she thinks she would like to try that out, but we are not sure if all our spells will stack.

It sounds on paper like it would be a pretty good duo, but figured I would ask here.
  4. ARCHIVED-Soulchaser Guest

Dual necro is a dangerous combination. If one has the tank and the other the scout it's alot of damage. I've duo'd with another necro and I had him bring up the warlock pet since it AE heals the group while it's attacking, less healing you have to do personally. now if there were a toggle to stop the pet from going melee and only use ranged attacks/spells that would be great, could use it with the warlock who gets beat to a pulp in melee.
  5. ARCHIVED-Warik Guest

Cool.... sounds like that might be fun then. Necro Rat duo inc. :)

Thanks for the help.
  6. ARCHIVED-Yirabeth Guest

It sounds like you've decided to go duo necros BUT in the off chance it's still up in the air, one thing you may wish to consider is warlocks do aoe dmg. That would maybe be okay witha conjuror (not sure never played one) but a necro pet will perhaps have alot more problems keeping the adds off a warlock due to the aoe nature of their spells. I think I would be more inclined to go wizard for the fact that they do more single target damage, like necros, and make it easier for your pet to keep aggro.

Just food for thought:)

~Yira
  7. ARCHIVED-Tharangus Guest

I would consider a druid type to be a good choice for a duo. They can make-up for our gimpy pet heals AND do damage.

But yes, there is the obvious issue with warlocks and AoE damage. Pre LU20, I'd say this wasn't much of an issue. But since then pet taunts have been a bit flaky.
  8. ARCHIVED-Warik Guest

I agree on the warlock thing.... and that is one of my main concerns about playing that duo. The damage will not do us much good if I can not keep the adds off her.

I am leaning to both being necro's due to the fact that the extra pet should help a lot, and it seems like that duo would have a ton of staying power in tough fights, yet still be able to take down exp groups quickly. The only reason I could see wizzy being better would be the added buffs and higher damaage nukes, but I am noob so that is why I am asking. :)

As for the Warden/Druid thing I am considering that as well, but not sure how she will warm up to it. We have a Zerker/Inq duo that is in its mid 20's.... so I am not sure she wants to play another healer right now.
  9. ARCHIVED-Warik Guest

What about a Troubador? How well would that work?
  10. ARCHIVED-Uanelven Guest

* Necro/Necro is a good combo with lots of possibilities as you get more of the Necro arsenal to play with.

* Necro/Conj is very good too but different city (if that's a problem).

* Necro/Druid works well with tank pet.

* Sorceror/Necro Probably can work well but not as natural a fit as above I don't think.

Bottom line though is playing one that she enjoys too. You can get the best out of any class that way.
  11. ARCHIVED-Nainitsuj Guest

I do necro, my g/f does defiler. We've destroyed things that a necro/druid can't possibly think of doing. The disease debuffs makes up for the lack of damage and wards are always better than heals.
  12. ARCHIVED-Warik Guest

Right now she is playing a warden and a defiler 50/50 until she picks one. So far I think she likes the warden better.
  13. ARCHIVED-KdBoy Guest

That is an acknowledged bug. Blackguard has promised to get it looked at again, since the first "fix" didn't fix anything.