Wizard or Warlock?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Vinny, Aug 17, 2023.

1. Vinny Member

Hi folks,

I'm returning after a long time away and want to try one of these two. Which is better for just solo quest leveling to max level?

Thanks
  2. Tridav Member

Wizard does more DPs end game. I prefer to play a warlock.
  3. Shwetty Active Member

Wizard has been turned into a dot class like warlocks. There have been no fixes to put sorcerers on par with summoners. Until they address pets/combat mit and spell resistance, scouts dominate Tier1 dps.
  4. TsuraniMage New Member

If you want to raid, neither. There's better choices available.

If you just want to play the game, it's completely irrelevant since everyone gets a pet now. Just pop up the 10-yr merc and roleplay or whatever while the merc kills everything.

I played a warlock to 50 pre-nerf, back when they had unbreakable root and distortions were all on separate timers. Betrayed him to a wizard, played to 90, did some raids, quit eq2. Rolled a new wizard years later. Played it for a bit (50ish?) then betrayed to warlock.

You know what I learned, playing all those wizards & warlocks over 20 years?

It's the same damn class. It really is. Just play whichever you like.
    And when you get bored just betray, it takes like 2 hours to switch from one class to the other.
  5. Bhayar Well-Known Member

We'll agree to disagree as to them being the same class. That's like saying a swashy and an assassin are the same class. I still have both a wiz and a warlock and you are correct there are better classes to play today. But back in the heyday, wizards were great for single target damage and warlocks were all about AOE. I can remember having to pay attention in Highhold because if you AOEd on the warlock, you could pull mobs from adjacent rooms and it was insane. But they're a shell of their former capabilities. It's sad, really.
  6. Smashey Well-Known Member

People wont be able to tell you which class you want to play. Currently wizards are stronger and easier to play than Warlock.

As for wanting to beat the parse in a 3rd party app, no one can really tell you either with an expansion coming in a month and raids above T1 isnt until 2024.
    Twyla and Bhayar like this.