Wizard Basics

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Goodtimes, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Goodtimes New Member

I’m a new Wizard and new to Everquest 2. I have read posts and gathered information, but I cannot seem to find a decent/current DPS rotation. I know there are a lot of variables and situations dictate changes, but I’m just looking for a very basic core rotation that I can use in groups and possibly tinker with as I evolve as a player.

Also – This is my understanding of stat priority when it comes to gear, adornments, and reforging. If I’m off base, any advice would be greatly appreciated:

1. Critical Chance to 600 (635 for raids)
    2. Casting speed to 100%
    3. Reuse speed to 100%
    4. Potency to as high as possible
    5. Critical Bonus to as high as possible
  2. Darkfoz Active Member

Solar flare tbh.

Boss rotation (Could change it, depending on your play style / if i'm waaaay off base with this) an this is also relying on that you have 150 increments of Frozen solid to do instant casts of Eci'frozen ball of fun and Blast of devestation.

Dumbfire pet on the mobs feet, icicles, Frigid gift, Sanguine sacrifice,Firey blast chain > Fusion, BoD, Eci, Rays, Frozen rain, (Fusion if Eci reset the CD, otherwise go with TC/Fireball or even leave rays till this point if you want).

You've only got like ten seconds as it is with FB, so starting it with 150 increments helps tremendously. After that just throw out the high hitters, Fireball, Thunderclap, use Arcane Bewilderment if things get sketchy and everything else you'll pick up in time.
  3. Goodtimes New Member

Darkfoz,

Thank you for that information. Very helpful.

Excuse my ignorance, but what does the term “dumbfire” mean?
  4. Darkfoz Active Member

Dumbfires are the wizards only two temporary pets.

You've got Protoflame, which is a 45 second minion which attacks the mob you cast the spell on, not quite sure how much damage it does by just attacking, but if it gets killed it'll blow up causing AoE damage.

Then there's Furnace of Ro, drops a ring of fire at your feet, so you'll have to get in real close to the mob for it to be effective. Does debuff for those inside and damage as well.