Wiz/Warlock vs Conj/Necro playstyle questions

Discussion in 'Mages' started by select20, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Kalika Well-Known Member

I agree it is what many raiding mages told me, i quite dislike this sort of mecanic.
  2. Cleaner Active Member

if you want to play a Warlock you better have ALOT of time on your hands to get the MANY situation Rotations down. Trigger spells like Gift and eternal damnation have to be planed out, Timewarp rotations are timed and you have to have an increment rotation. Not only do you have to have these 3 different type rotation but you also have to have 1 for aoe fights and 1 for single target fights for EACH separate rotation.

The wizard im sure is probably the same way for aoe and single target but Far Less complex, they have less spells they actually use and less annoying rotations.

Necro is the Most simplified 4-5 button no skill class, they can push out big numbers with no real order, and if they spec for Spell weapon damage (100AE, 200 haste and 600+ dps) even with crap gear can be top parers. A window licker can be a beast on this class.

Conjuror is probably the second easiest- they have less to worry with pet wise but can put out serious burns on aoe damage, they have a SMALL worry with timing on some abilties that can effect the parse, but NO where near as serious as a Warlock or Wizard.
  3. SacDaddy420 Active Member

Far less complex.... lol

yea sure
    Tharrakor likes this.
  4. Cleaner Active Member

not saying they are easy lol but yes they are in comparison to the massive amounts of different combinations the warlock has to pull off to be just as productive ...anyone can just mash buttons. I use 3 (single target, AOE and fiery blast) different rotations on my wizard, 5 on my warlock ( Single target dmg , Increments building for single target, AOE Dmg, AOE increment Building, Tempbuff/ Timewarp rotation) so yes I think my wizard is a lot easier to play.
  5. Lare Active Member

I don't think there is any difference for the wizard to be productive as well, until either class reaches max increments they are not at their peak so obvious. Also until 100% SDA is obtains TW timing with max increments is the majority of a loc/wiz dps the trick is getting there with the most dps in the fastest time.

Understanding the length of fight also has a bearing on what you cast and when. Sometimes waiting for max increments can actually leave your 3rd of 4th on the parse.

I find understanding how to reach max increments based on the numbers of mobs is far more important than having 5 different fixed rotations and the ability to determine what spell to cast next to maximise dps and increment gain until max increments is reached is far more simpler & more effective as fixed spell rotations are really limited to the training dummies and ideal situations. Don't get me wrong I have spent endless hours on those dummies doing just that and to have the basic rotations down helps significantly but to know what to cast next to get the maximum gains mean you can adjust far better to change in situations as well as allow you to get into the flow and rhythm of the fight.

The loc or wizard really are not that much harder to play than the necro or conjy once you understand what is more productive to cast base on the circumstance of the fight.

And just for the record I think certain players find one class easyer to play because it just suites them better and has no relation to the other classes play style and then there are the rarer individual that can just take to any dps class as if they have been playing them for years.[/QUOTE]