Withering afflication or Words of Wicked?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Treilician, Apr 29, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Treilician Guest

Hiya,

Have managed to get 3 fairly cheap opals and trying to decide how best to use them. Have seen the previous posts and have gone with Swarm of Bats, Horrific Mark (unless advised not to, in favour of something else) and stuck between Words of Wicked, and Withering Afflication, anyone have adept 3 versions of these and can say if there the best choices?

I am currently level 43 play virtually entirely within a group or raid setup, so learning my adept 3's with that playstyle in mind. The Pet buff would seem to be more for the solo player and an adept1 seems sufficient? and the de-buff more for a group / raid encounter. All other spells i cast often within the 30 - 40 range are adept3 - master quality.

[Edit] Just noticed a thread about spell upgrades, and Withering Afflication is upgraded by Death's Coil in a few levels, would suggest an adept of that would be sufficient and go for the pet maybe?

Thanks in advance

Noir
    Message Edited by Treilician on 04-29-2005 05:39 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-Rhafin Guest

I've got Words of the Wicked Master I. And I can tell ya, it's a very nice spell. With my Adept III Thrall, some of my guild tanks have a tough time keeping mobs off the pet sometimes. And he makes an awesome off tank thanks to that spell.
    He can pull the aggro right off a healer with a well timed lifetap in combo with my stun. And he seems to lifetap alot. I've watched him take a blue to 2/3 life with one shot, so it hits hard.
    Just my 2 cents, but I would go with the pet buff first, especially if you like to solo or duo a bit.
    Ravensglass
  3. ARCHIVED-Treilician Guest

Thanks for the info :)
    Noir