With so many AA not working, what do you do as a Warlock?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Eskalon, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Eskalon New Member

Hi,

I have noticed that the "increase the effectiveness of spell XYZ" AA don't appear to change anything in the damage or warding amount when examining the spell. Rather than just waiting for the bug to be resolved, I'd like to play and I am trying to level a warlock. What are the knoledgeable players' suggestion to spec while the bug is fixed?
  2. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

If you're still in the process of levelling, it won't really matter at all. It's only likely to be a noticeable problem at max level when raiding or trying to push the envelope (like duo'ing heroics zones or something). By then it might be fixed... *cough*.
  3. Bludd Well-Known Member

afaik what caith said is that the effectiveness stuff is added after you use the spell because it happens after crit and the game wont know if you have critted when you examine
    Priority likes this.
  4. Eskalon New Member

Thanks for the answers.

@Tanto: I understand that leveling isn't hard so it doesn't matter so much but it irks me to have points in the Warlock Tree just saying "increasing the effectiveness of XYZ" and in fact not doing anything when they _could_.

@Bludd: interesting, so it's more a DISPLAY bug than a usefulness bug? I didn't know that.
  5. Priority Well-Known Member

Not a display bug, fervor/effectiveness never change the tooltip because they rely on a crit and until the NPC is hit with the spell, the game doesn't know if you crit, regardless of having thousands of crit.
    Bludd likes this.
  6. Bludd Well-Known Member

yeah and its kinda annoying and makes you have to do extensive testing or just trust that it works

usually in these games more is better so more more (effectiveness) is even betterer