With Monks and more, Who needs Guardians... (Not a flame, asking for help)

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by ARCHIVED-Sililos, Sep 28, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Marbus Guest

My guardian is only 32 and my monk almost 50 but I can say that I havne't had a problem finding groups with either. As I have 2 kids my play time is erratic so I usually solo but in general I get 3 to 4 tell per night on the monk and at least 2 on the guardian asking if I would come tank. Maybe it's just the levels I'm at I don't know.

Both classes are heavily dependant on armor and weapons though IMHO. A well equipped monk can tank anything non epic and some epics and a well equipped guardian can solo just fine, 95% of all my exp so far has been that way. Given the Guardian can't level nor kill as fast as the monk, but it can be done effectively.

Marb
  2. ARCHIVED-Lamprey_02 Guest

There is really no trick to it. Say you're lvl 49 and bored. Type this in:

/who all priest lfg 44 50
    /tell [priest] Hey, I'm a 49 guardian, would ya like to start a Permafrost group with me?
    /invite [priest]
    /[40-49 channel #] Upper 40s Permafrost group looking for DPS, got tank/healer!
    [At this point you will get spammed with a lot of tells, just wade through and invite 4 DPS classes]
    /groupsay Ok gang, meet in Everfrost at the bell, we'll move out from there.

What's so hard about this?
  3. ARCHIVED-RipFlex Guest

I'm lazy? ;)
    I have the tiniest Ratonga Guardian with cool shades on. I tank things 3-5 levels above me all the time and keep agro... I just get a good reputation and a few laughs from group members and they add me to their friend list. So when I log back on I get the tells. :)
    "You're going down!", "Don;t mess with me !" .... - RipJack Monterey