Wishful Thinking

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Arocles, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Arocles New Member

I created a Arasai Necromancer and quickly realized that my stature is really short.
    I can live with that I thought.
    I play first person so my point of view is shoelace high. I sometimes have to jump up to see what's on top of a table and stairs are a real obstacle. But when I got my flying mount, I knew that would fix my little self. Sitting on top of my Shadowscale Drakota I knew I could view the lower creatures with disdain. But guess what, nothing is changed. I'm still scuttling along the floor cockroach high. Surely EQ will change this soon?
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

Camera heights are set according to your characters head usually when they are off mounts. This happens regardless of if you are on a mount. I don't know how the coding would work for making the registration point for the camera moving though I know loosely how one could try to achieve it.

It does adjust your camera though if your grow/shrink.
  3. Davngr Well-Known Member

right where bugs should be! <CRUNCH>
  4. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

Nonono, don't change shrunken tiny people any more!
    They changed max shrink size and I was so bummed out about it. I enjoy being a single pixel on the screen, and in raid having an appropriate view of boots. Little bug rats scuttling about, poking mobs in the big toe because it's the only part I can reach.
  5. Estred Well-Known Member

I don't think he is saying to change the size. I think he is only referring to the camera height.
  6. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

If you're one pixel high, though, shouldn't your camera be one pixel off the floor?
    But yeah, if it's just about camera height while mounted, then that's okay to change. I'm just paranoid they're going to "adjust" the max shrink height again on me :(
  7. Estred Well-Known Member

You are correct, if camera height scales to your character and you are a pixel tall, you will be almost as though well... your an ant.
  8. Wurm Well-Known Member

Once I had a bug...

[IMG]

Thats my toon on her horse standing in front of a fellow player. As soon as I saw how small I was I tried to go to the BG's but when I zoned my client crashed and when I logged back in I was normal size again. Shame really I think I would have had fun PVPing at that size.
  9. Estred Well-Known Member

That is actually the reason they made Size Modifiers not work in Battlegrounds, Unseeli Arasai were impossible in Battlefield of Ganak and well, me with a 50ft Sarnak in Gear's of Klak'Anon happened only once before people really started complaining about size modifiers.