Wise words.

Discussion in 'Shadowknight' started by ARCHIVED-Nicholai24, Aug 23, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Nicholai24 Guest

A wise man once said, ' When a foot compares itself to a yard, it always comes up short. '

Another fellow once said, ' If you place a small value upon yourself, the world won't raise your price. '

Those who ceaselessly crunch numbers, make comparisons between different classes, and whine about their own shortcomings should consider these words, and apply them.

That's all.
  2. ARCHIVED-Kelkirra Guest

OWNED O_O
  3. ARCHIVED-Eluzay Guest

Those who think that number crunching when talking about a computer program is a bad thing should have their heads examined

game!=life

feel<<game<<numbers

e=mc^2
  4. ARCHIVED-Erratee2 Guest

what a [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] post.
  5. ARCHIVED-Vexorkane Guest

Perhaps a more appropriate quote to reflect upon the topic of number crunching/class analysis~

"Whether you live or die depends on the configuration of the battleground; whether you survive or perish depends on the way of battle."
    -Mei Yaochen, The Art of War

A little heavy, I know, to be applied to a video game, but I just couldn't resist. It does not reveal any biased opinions, it just is.
    Message Edited by Vexorkane on 08-27-2006 07:46 AM
  6. ARCHIVED-Axlin Guest

I personally asked myself the following questions about the Shadowknight:

How well do I tank compared to other tanks? Just as well, if not better, because I know how to handle my class.
    Is tanking with mildly good DPS and life taps the thing for me? Definitely.
    Do I enjoy playing my class? Love it.

There you have it. No complaints. No need to number crunch. The fact of the matter is that I play a class that's fun, enjoyable, and just as useful in tanking as any other tank because I learned how to play the class. And I didn't waste hours number crunching and making tedious comparisons to other classes so that I could find something to complain about. :smileyhappy:
  7. ARCHIVED-Quaan Guest

What a weird thread.

People "personally" asking themselves questions and using their answers as justification for their points? Thats way too funny (try on this new white jacket for size, yes typing may be difficult.......). You must play your class very well, you told you that you did :p

Dont waste time number crunching when it can be well spent have personal conversations with yourself!
  8. ARCHIVED-YummiOger Guest

no play-style or technique is supirior to any other due to no one else pays the $$ to SOE but the individual player. therefore that player may spend his/her online time in any form or fashion they determine, within the forum/in-game rule-set.

personally i will do as i like unless some1 else wants to pay my 30$ credit card charge?.. any takers?..

"...to truly understand anything, it must be quantified."
    Lord Byron - Whales,England
  9. ARCHIVED-Erratee2 Guest

wow do you need a hug buddy?
  10. ARCHIVED-Xanoth Guest

im sure we covered straight jackets already for those that need a longer lastin hug.
  11. ARCHIVED-Phelon_Skellhound Guest

Well if you ask a career sk for his own justification... I guess after all the evil jargon is spilt.. the old knight would just say in the end...
    "What is the value of life without death?"
  12. ARCHIVED-Kelkirra Guest

"You don't know peace till you've had suffering."
    -Mushroomhead
  13. ARCHIVED-MARIOmadness Guest

14. ARCHIVED-Giralus Guest

you should never never doubt what nobodies realy sure about !
  15. ARCHIVED-Nedo Guest

"Being self-righteous is silly." /Nedo
  16. ARCHIVED-Eluzay Guest

Are you suggesting you will do whatever I ask for $30 a month? I may just be interested in that I have to say.

as for no style or technique being superior, I play on a pvp server, so your comment is 100% the opposite of the truth lol....