WIS line and PvP

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by ARCHIVED-Oneira, Dec 14, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Oneira Guest

Although I can understand why raid Guards wouldn’t find much use in WIS final ability, in PvP it would seem to be quite good indeed. To be able to fight in the Off stance without a def penalty would be a huge help I would think. Guards in PvP have to be more versatile, being able to do some decent damage and still raid tank.

Then again, would those 8 points be better spent somewhere else? Suggestions would be welcome. I also realize that the 8 points in mit in order to get that last ability is now pretty wazoo, which makes me further wonder about it. A STR/WIS combination in PvP could be pretty good, but then again, maybe a STR/INT or STR/AGI and forgetting about the final ability in the WIS line would be simply better.

Any opinions would be helpful.
  2. ARCHIVED-Judist Guest

If you can get your hands on a high end weapon I'd go STA 4/4/8/8 - INT 4/4/8/8. The buckler line makes for some great DPS and you can add more haste and parry with the INT line.
    I dont PVP anymore but if I remember anything, its that the best defense is a good offense. Thats why scout classes own. So suprise em with a ton of double attacks and haste while weilding a high DPS weapon.
    No one thinks a guard can DPS (I'm the one who begs to differ), this adds to the suprise element... :)
  3. ARCHIVED-Docimodo Guest

belly smash is great in pvp :)