Windows 8.0: game freezes when camping to desktop

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Razorlan, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Razorlan New Member

Last week, while the free heroic character promotion was going on, my son started playing EQ2 again. We have not played on any of our accounts very much since upgrading to Windows 8. We run Windows 8 Pro 64 bit on every desktop computer in the house. I had not noticed any problems with EQ2 in connection with our operating system. My son, however, has had the game lock up and become unresponsive whenever he tries to exit. In our discussion about the problem, it turns out that I always quit to character select, and then exit from character select. He has been trying to camp to desktop, and it has been freezing up on him. Now, the most obvious solution is to tell him to just camp to character select first, at which point the game exits just fine. However, does anyone know of a fix for this issue of freezing on camp to desktop, or do I need to submit a bug report on this issue?
  2. Mysstie Well-Known Member

Hmm.. I just had this happen to me camping to desktop in Windows 7 Pro 64bit. Will have to see if I can reproduce or if it was just a fluke thing.
  3. Mysstie Well-Known Member

Hmm Edit post doesn't work, brings up a blank window. Anyway, just went back in game and camped to desktop without a problem. Must have been a fluke or some weird sequence of steps to cause it.