Will we return to Luclin?

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Krixiana, Jul 1, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Krixiana Guest

kela wrote:
    Wow. Pointless hostility. xD Also a missed point. I'm saying if the devs want us to go back, we will. They'll come up with a reason for it. And I never studied geology in College (nor did I allude to that in any of my posts). My degree's in computer sciences and software development.
    Now then. The theorycrafting is fun and all, but it's unfortunately devolving in to an argument and I don't like that. I'm not a fan of forum hostility.
  2. ARCHIVED-Samulbrar Guest

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=450973&post_id=5362069 Personal Attacks.
  3. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Mishika@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I should apoligise for including you in what was a moment of anger directed tord the person whom I directly quoted, and not yourself. Basically I feed someone I should know better then to feed.
    However, my point still stands that there should be logical limits in any piece of Fiction, be it video games, movies, etc, and once those limits are put in place, by the Authors of that piece of fiction those limits should be stuck to. As it would break the suspension of disbelief to suddenly turn the whole lore of the fiction on its head, cause once you do that anything can be thrown in on a whim, and as my extreem exsample above states that is not always a good thing.
  4. ARCHIVED-Khurghan Guest

Would be nice to see some of the dungeons -
    Akheva ruins, Grieg's End, Ssraeshza Temple, and VT (no months of keying and trash mobs with eleventybillion HPs)
    I nevered cared much for anything on the surface.
    As for can they bring stuff back from being utterly destroyed? anything is possible in Norrath.
  5. ARCHIVED-SageGaspar Guest

I could think of a couple pretty easy ways they could bring Luclin back in lore. For instance to beat Kerafyrm at the end of next expansion we raid to separate him from his sword magic and then the gods swoop in and channel some wibbly wobbly timey wimey magic through the nexus to send him back to sleep. Instantly after the first raid on your server beats Kerafyrm, Luclin starts reforming in the sky in a live event which culminates with discovering that Luclin the goddess diverted part of the magic to reversing the destruction of Luclin the moon. Bang, next expansion.
  6. ARCHIVED-Wolphin Guest

nah, make it an adventure pack, not a full on expansion...

i have a question i've been meaning to ask since SF came out and people talking about how the events in quel'ule happened 100 years ago while hte ones on norrath happened 50 years ago and this conversation reminded me of it...

are we sure that time in the location where odus is now, passes at the same speed as norrath? I mean how long have the ethernaughts been fighting in the void when you talk to them during the tradeskill signature quest in SF and it seems they have no idea of how much time has passed compared to our time on norrath.
  7. ARCHIVED-Polywogus Guest

I spent So Much time in Luclin in EQI, & I would love to see it here (not before Velious though, ahem). This is strange I found this thread as I was commenting last night, 'I wonder if they will ever bring Luclin back, seeing as how it is still up there...' Drinal could also be interesting, but admittedly I am short on knowledge there.
  8. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Drinal doesn't have an atmosphere capable of supporting life though. It's just a barren rock.
  9. ARCHIVED-Iskandar Guest

Vhalen once posted a nice little overview of the Norrathian solar system that included all the moons... not sure if it's even still valid, what with the way lore's been chucked around lately...

From http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=412862
    Ro is the name of Norrath's sun. There was an ancient name for the sun. That name was Solus. When Professor Romiak Jusathorn headed up the Academy of Arcane Science, he directed a think tank of scholars to discover ways to delve into the cosmos. According to those eggheads of the Academy of Arcane Science, this is what the Ro Galaxy is made of:
    The Ro System
    THE SUN
    Ro: A yellow star in the Diamond Shoal Nebula

THE PLANETS AND THEIR SATELLITES
    Trorsmang: A molten body with a molten core, water vapor, a sulfurous atmosphere, and desolate climate.
    Moons: None known

Norrath: A solid body with a molten core, liquid water, breathable atmosphere, and various climates:
    Moons: Two
    1. Luclin: A solid body with a molten core, liquid water, breathable atmosphere and a tropical climate.
    2. Drinal: A solid body with a solid core, frozen water, minimal atmosphere and a desolate climate.
    Anbeal: A solid body with a solid core, no water, no atmosphere and a desolate climate.
    Moons: None known

Cordan: A gaseous body with a solid core, no water, poisonous atmosphere and a desolate climate.
    Moons: Three rings of ice particles and space debris.
  10. ARCHIVED-Yeloc Guest

I thought norrath had a geostationary moon at one of it's poles. That's how appears on the planetary device in Maj'dul anyway.
  11. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Huene@Crushbone wrote:
    That's considered to be a case of artistic license / in-game inaccuracy.
  12. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Yep, that's just the artists not doing the research.
  13. ARCHIVED-Pervis Guest

I heard they are selling seats on a gnomish space rocket bound for Luclin on the marketplace for 5k smedbucks.
    Its a convenience though, and as such is only available on EQ2fwe servers though, the rest of us have to figure out how to walk there.
  14. ARCHIVED-Thunndar316 Guest

Luclin? Please God, NO!
  15. ARCHIVED-Chefren Guest

An underground/underfoot expansion would work I think.
  16. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

With Odus no longer being riped in two by the opposing forces of the Void and the Underfoot, and now just the Underfoot trying to pull it in, I would say that an Underfoot expainsion is comming soon(tm)
  17. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Ironically, EQ1 is wrapping up their Underfoot expansion.
    If EQ2 ever did Underfoot, it would have to be after Velious.
  18. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Xalmat wrote:
    Well consitering Velious part 1 is this expainsion... I would say that is a good bet. ;)