Will we ever see Kerra Isle?

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Cajuth, Aug 31, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Cajuth Guest

As a big Kerra fan and player of said race, do you think we'll ever see a Kerra Isle in EQ2?

It would be a neat place for those who want to RP Kerra history and lore as well as awesome adventuring zones. ((well I don't know for sure... never played EQ 1))
  2. ARCHIVED-PublicVoid Guest

I would expect it as a pre release to an Odus Expansion.
  3. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

PublicVoid wrote:
    Why a pre-release to Odus? The Kera and the Euradites have always been at odds. The Euradites have a long standing tradition of opressing the Kera. I'd expect the conflict between the two races to be a large portion of how that "continent" shapes up.
    Would be interesting, one good and one evil city for Euradites. A return of The Hole (which could be much nastier than it was before), and a proper look at the in-land of Odus. Seems almost tailor made for a leaping off point into new content. I guess the main reason nobody would do this expansion is that it would be VERY new content. There just wasn't alot of content to Odus in EQ1, and what little was there wasn't very popular. Sure people delved The Hole all the time. However, most players didn't touch Kera Isle, and escapped the 2 cities as soon as possible. I'm afraid the creative team for EQ2 isn't exactly creative. They are re-imagining old content, and adding some new bits of lore here and there. Its like watching remakes done by hollywood. The new writers are changing something that has already been done, not launching into the great unknown. I believe Odus as a continent would be too much of an unknown for them to be interested.
    Now if they decided to make an ocean going expansion I could see the area being done as a few dots of islands with the continent itself being blown up. Then it really would be The Hole, part 2.
  4. ARCHIVED-Dolamaine Guest

Kerra isle was a rock with a hole in it :/
  5. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

It was an island with a volcano on it, not a hole. I hope to see it return with the Odus expansion. That was one of my favorite places in EQlive.
  6. ARCHIVED-Banen04 Guest

How sad is this....I'll log on to eq1, find a hut on Kerra Isle, crank up that cheesy Island music, and work on projects...Funny how I miss some of the music from eq1...

Laters!

Banen
  7. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

They refering to Kerra Islang Proper, just off Odus or are they talking about that paw shaped set of Islands in Erud's Crossing the name of which escapes me but I think it was Tal-something paw island.
  8. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Talysra. The only island in Erud's Crossing called Talysra's Paw.
  9. ARCHIVED-Zyphe Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    eq1