Will there ever be a place to put long avatar bios?

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Katsi, Apr 26, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Katsi Guest

The thread "OK How did we end up on the boat???" was great. But as it is now fading away, I hate to see some of those wonderful avatar histories fade away into the mass of ignored threads. :smileysad:

Many of those posts were obviously well thought out and explored. By the fact that they were posted at all states that the author wants them to be seen.

However, many of those same posts are also WAY too long to post in the biography space given to us in our character profile window.

I would like to see:
    - A way to post extra long biographies without them fading away as they would on a forum thread
    - A way for other players to easily see these biographies in game
    - A way for other players to respond to the person posting the biography, so that poster could know what people thought
    and maybe
    - A way for CSRs and GMs to reward well written biographies. (Similiar to the "interesting biography" badge in SWG, .. that I am pround to have received)

Would this ever be possible?

- Katsi
  2. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Well everyone can write thier own biography in the game. Players can read these bios by looking up the player on EQ2players.com

However, its up to the player to decide if he wants anyone to read his bio or not.
  3. ARCHIVED-Katsi Guest

When you look at the EQ2players.com website and look up how to post your biography, it tells you to write it up in game in your avatar's profile window. What is written there can be seen in game and will also be brought up directly to EQ2players. However, there is a VERY limited space to use. There is no way that my avatar Chibichan's biography would fit there. EQ2players does not provide any way to add to this biography or to post directly to the EQ2players site.

A way around this that I have come up with is to copy the biography text into a graphic program, save it as a .jpg and upload this image as a screenshot to the EQ2players site. I have not yet tried this yet as, (as I mentioned above), my story is about 4 pages long, typed.

While everyone's biography is posted onto EQ2players, (or maybe that's only if they are registered with EQ2players), there is no way to know who to look up in order to find the biographies to read, unless you saw something in game that told you to look there, such as a note in their avatar profile window's biography spot. This would mean that there would be nothing to guide you to see the well written biographies of other people who you have either not yet met on your server, or will never meet, for they aren't even on the same server.

In my opinion, this is a shame. Many of the biographies I saw in the "before the boat" thread were wonderful and deserved to be read and complemented. I am sure there are many others like them out there.

I guess what I would like in the end, is a way to post my long biography for Chibichan in my profile window in game. So others, in game, can read it. But also to have a place, like the forum thread noted above, where you can go from background to background, seeing the different styles and stories that people have come up with, and unlike that thread (which was so long, and had so many biographies), feel comfortable in letting the owner of the biography know that you liked it.

- Katsi

Message Edited by Katsi on 04-29-2005 11:43 PM