Will It Run??

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by mavet, Dec 17, 2012.

1. mavet New Member

Not sure if this is the right spot to add this but I have a lap top from 3 years ago or so. Toshiba Satellite - it's main purpose was for gaming - big lap top and still runs like a dream today. I can play Rift on it with basically no issues whatsoever. My question is, I'd like to place EQ2 on it and play. Will I be fine fps wise? Lagging? Etc... Thanks in advance :)
  2. Atan Well-Known Member

It comes down to primarily CPU speed. If it ran Rift, then the graphics card will be more than sufficient for eq2, but the speed of the processor will likely be your biggest determining factor.
  3. mavet New Member

I'm pretty sure that it's a 2.4GH dual core duo
  4. Atan Well-Known Member

2.4 ghz will run it. It really only uses one core, and the speed of that core will determine your framerate.

On a 4.2ghz system I get 45fps in my guildhall (about the lagiest zone around) on high quality settings. On a 3.2 I get 7fps in the same zone at the same settings.

On a 2.4, you'll have to run higher performance / lower quality settings, but it will run.
  5. Gourdon Well-Known Member

A potentially bigger concern will be how much memory you have. If you have only 2GB, it is possible you will have problems with some houses and dungeons maker dungeons.
  6. mavet New Member

Ok thanks :) I have the game on my tower, in for repairs - needs a new motherboard :eek:, so was thinking of putting it on my laptop. It's been a while since I played actually - few months so will be nice to jump back in. The one thing I've found about this game, as opposed to the other MMO's out there today, is everyone is so polite and friendly here. I play Rift - it's a good game. Storm Legion Xpan is meh, but that's to be expected I guess from new xpacs these days... People there are starting to get "WoW-itis" in their demeanor so I'm seriously thinking of letting my sub run out and just play here.

Thanks again for the timely and friendly information :)
  7. mavet New Member

I believe I have 3G Memory on the machine. The only foreseeable prob I may have is when I go to my guild house - Ginormous with tons of things in it.
  8. Atan Well-Known Member

3GB should run just fine. If you can manage to dedicate 2gb for the game clients use, it will run well enough.
  9. Salty21db Active Member

3 gigs being enough depends on your operating system as well. If you're running vista/7 and you stay on game for long periods of time you may get "ran out of memory" errors but only if you stay on for long periods as vista/7 take 1-1.5 gigs themselves for the most part not counting other things running.
  10. mavet New Member

I have my machine dual booted with XP pro and Win 7. I wonder if it might be adventagous to run EQ2 in XP mode...?
  11. Sucuri Active Member

I love thie website, I use it when I visit familiy durring holidays / other events -
    http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri
    pretty sure this game is still running off the same old systems as kingdom of sky.... feel free to correct me if I am wrong on this one... (you can always serch for a more newly releaced games (like skyrim or assassin's creed 3), if your computer can run that, it can run EQ2 just fine).