Will anybody else be dissapointed...?

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Dragowulf2, Apr 27, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-LlewCadeyrn Guest

2. ARCHIVED-Galithdor Guest

[p]edit:nah im not gonna start it again...[/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-MW2K2 Guest

Not true actually. A fairy race was "discovered" and playable a year ago in a little game (now gone to pot) called Horizons. They are called Dryads. But the Frogloks I'll give you.
  4. ARCHIVED-DngrMouse Guest

Wow...we're whining about hypotheticals now? Yay! Can I play too?
  5. ARCHIVED-Dragowulf2 Guest

Youris@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Well I'm saying if it were to happen. If the United States of America were to get bombed in a city close to where you lived, what would you do/say. That kind of situation is what I'm trying to say. I'm not saying that it will happen, but if it does. Anyways. Let me ask you guys this: 1lets say that you're adventuring in the wailing caves and you see 2 elfs, a dark elf and a high elf....could you tell the difference and explain which one is which easily? 2same situation but with evil fae and good fae could you tell the difference and explain which one is which easily? 1.easily 2.Honestly I wouldnt beable to easily. I cant even tell if a fae is a girl or a guy if i see one on my dark elf. IF youwont be able to recognize which is which, dont you think that theyre too much alike. hopefully if they do it they do it right
  6. ARCHIVED-Lightstrider Guest

[p]Ahh, the speculation game. Well, OK, let's have a go.[/p][p]The return of Neriak? Not a bad idea. Certainly there is a large player base that has been demanding it for ages. It could also be the jumping off point for a future Underfoot expansion project, if there ever is one. I posted a while back about how after playing WOW, two of the things I liked about it were the diversity of the cities and the diversity (beyond appearance) of the races. SOE has begun to address the former for me by bringing back Kelethin, so Neriak would be a positive step in my book. Any city that was sufficiently different from those currently in game would do the same, frankly, but I liked Neriak back in EQ1, so it would be cool. I assume SOE would then allow certain races to use it as a starting city, much as they did with Kelethin. I agree with the posters who pointed out how close it is to Freeport, though, especially if it is accessible via Commonlands.[/p][p]SOE began addressing my second issue by giving the Fae a freefall racial ability. I miss those abilities the races had back in EQ1 and enjoyed having the same again in WOW. A dev said not long after EOF that they were hoping to give each race some distinctive abilities again, which I think would be great.[/p][p]Now, the downside to all this is that it makes it less likely that a new race of any kind will show up in the next expansion, if as seems quite likely this all goes live via a GU. The races will be balanced at that point as far as good and evil go. Which means that, to address the original question of this thread, I will be pretty disappointed if the new race is just a differently colored version of the Fae. Knowing that it will probably be some time before a new race is added again, it would be nice to have it be gnolls or something like that (or minotaurs, whoever said that--I loved playing the Taurens in WOW, but I liked their native culture so maybe that was why). [/p][p]Of course, since I have no spare character slots and don't want to delete any of my characters, it is all kind of moot to me anyway, I guess. There's the expansion I want--expand my character slots. I can't afford station access anymore, and I don't have hard drive space for running the test or european servers, so I won't be playing a new race until they give me more slots. Hey, so maybe I DO hope that it is an evil Fae--I won't be so annoyed at not being able to create one! ;)[/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-Dragowulf2 Guest

lol, reading that gave me a laugh good to be positive like that, haha
  8. ARCHIVED-TheGReddy Guest

[p]3 words, [/p][p] [/p][p] [/p][p]They need tails.[/p]
  9. ARCHIVED-Dragowulf2 Guest

3 words yes they do
  10. ARCHIVED-MW2K2 Guest

OMG TAILS! How could I forget tails in my synopsis?!?! YES! Tails tails and MORE tails! Oooooooooo, and HORNS! YES YES GIVE ME HORNS! OH! OH! AND HOOVES, CLAWS, OR BOTH!! *drool* Oh yeeeeahh! *flushes at the thought*
  11. ARCHIVED-Dragowulf2 Guest

12. ARCHIVED-Maroger Guest

NO EVIL FAE. I hate the fae -- they are so damn tiny and they have those wing. Forget no evil fae. They should not even let them betray to Freeport.
  13. ARCHIVED-lilmohi Guest

I think for PvP purposes the next race will have to be a small gliding race to balance the fae on the good side. However i bet that will be the only thing they have in common with fae. I suspect they will have dark leatherly bat/demon wings, along with horns and possibly a tail. They will be so different that calling them "evil fae" would be like calling ogres "evil barbarians". :thumbup: Hopefully they will also get an alternate form except that it will be a dark cloud.
  14. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Barbarians are a neutral race. >_>
  15. ARCHIVED-Dragowulf2 Guest

Thread Closed. We know what we're going to get, and I hope it's good. Can't complain, free content.
  16. ARCHIVED-Likias Guest

An evil fairy is not a bad idea, after all they could be evil pixies instead lol. Can we get piercings, scars, slashed wings and tattoes a cool bad girl/guy wardrobe? lol. I'm not really into evil toons anyway, but I would still try it out. Ya never know...i can always betray it...um, right?