Why would you want a Guardian to tank for your group (prior to 50)?

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by ARCHIVED-herbwizard, Sep 15, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-herbwizard Guest

From my grouping experiences, a monk in comparable gear puts out more damage and has a much much easier time not only stealing aggro but holding it, not too mention they take damage just aswell.

I have adept1 single taunt and master 2 aoe taunt, and adept taunting blow...adept group combat buff, adept hold the line.........Ive tried using group buffs, hold the line (line), taunting attacks and cannot for the life of me keep agro off of monks..who dont even need me to keep the aggro off them.

I have read other responses to similar posts ...maybe at 50 it changes but prior to 50 it hardly seems balanced.

Other posts have said other classes need to learn aggro mangement..but it seems monks dont....and have the best of both worlds with better damage, easier aggro control, and comparable damage absorbtion/mitigation.
  2. ARCHIVED-Raahl Guest

Because we are pretty and take baths more often? :smileyvery-happy:
    It's way too early to be jumping on that boat. Monks have a lot less to relearn. I'm sure once we all get to know our class again aggro will not be an issue and if a party wants DPS they will go with a DPS class.
    But yea Brawler damage is a bit high for a fighter type. You will probably see it tweaked.
  3. ARCHIVED-ArivenGemini Guest

Thinking part of it is due to the buffs each MT has up as well as healer types.. the warrior buff for hate procs when ya get hit.. but the monk version procs when THEY hit.. so if they are hitting a lot (and lots use dw) they will proc comparitively more.. and if they have that stance up while someone else is mt, its very hard to not steal agro..

Plus I saw elsewhere that wards seem to bork the defensive proc of hate, so until that is fixed Its gonna be hard too..