Why would Teir Dal collaborate with Combine Empire?

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Ilavatar, Aug 16, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Ilavatar Guest

[p]In the city of Katta Castellum on Luclin there was a Teir Dal who says:[/p][p]"I am Dralin K'Vekn. Several hundred years ago I was the Teir'Dal ambassador to the Combine Empire under Tsaph Katta. I was present when the traitorous Seru made his assassination attempt on Tsaph Katta and divided the Combine Empire into the two factions that exist to this day. I was forced to flee to Luclin with the Loyalist Combine in order to escape death at the hands of the Inquisition."[/p][p]Why would the Teir Dal have an ambassador to the Combine Empire? What would be their motivation?[/p][p] I know they had one to the orcs but that was an alliance against the other elves of Felwithe. But the Combine Empire was not evil.[/p][p] Meghnad K'Vekn[/p][p] [/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

You have to understand that the Combine Empire actually suceeded in bringing peace to nearly everyone everywhere. Ogres, Trolls, and Dark Elves all liked the ideals that Tsaph Katta had created with his empire. To answer your question though, we really do not know what the Dark Elves would want with the Combine Empire. Not enough info is known.
  3. ARCHIVED-Saroc_Luclin Guest

Aye, the Combine empire was meant to unite all of the sentient races of Norrath in peace. What I can't remember however is if this factoid is purely from the EQ book (OCean of Tears) or if it had evidence in game as well. In the book Ocean of Tears, Tsaph's attempts to bring the Tier'Dal into the Combine empire was one of the biggest factors leading to the split between his faction and Seru's faction that lead to the destruction of the Combine.
  4. ARCHIVED-Mary the Prophetess Guest

[p]The Ocean of Tears novel follows lore I remember from in game. The idea of bringing the Teir 'Dal into the Empire was anathema to Seru, who had fought against them.[/p][p]As I remember the lore though, the Teir 'Dal never actually became a part of the Combine. The novel reflects that as well. I will dig around and see if I can find the official story somewhere. Maps of Myrist maybe, or the release of Luclin is probably a good bet.[/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

The Luclin instruction booklet only tells of Tsaph Katta's assassination by Seru. I know that Seru went after Lcea Katta and her followers to Luclin because of the Tsaph's peace with the Dark Elves, but I don't remember where I heard or read it either.