Why we are completely useless in raid.

Discussion in 'Coercer' started by ARCHIVED-deffect, Oct 13, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-deffect Guest

What the hell can we do now? We have no stuns, no stiffles, nothing. We throw a couple 500dmg nukes in thats about it. Hope for a proc from TM, and hope u can get in to get a PW off and not take a hit. We have haste and power regen, that troubs do better at. There was a point in time, where a enchanter was needed for x2's and epic fights.. now... we are completely useless almost. The only thing we are good for is small instances with non heroic mobs. If someone wants to prove me wrong, plz do.

deffect
    60 Coercer Najena
    Memento Mori
  2. ARCHIVED-Jaxidian Guest

Without an enchanter a group cannot get to max power regen. Sure, bards are close to as good as we are (better or worse, depending on your argument) but 2x bards power regen don't stack in a group whereas 1 bard and 1 chanter do stack. This provides max power regen and without an enchanter you cannot achieve this with always-up buffs. If you don't think this much power regen is useful, then perhaps you are right.

On the flip side, I agree that I hate losing our stifles. They need to fix them to have a truely "reduced effectiveness" against epic targets.
  3. ARCHIVED-dizzi73 Guest

Hi Deffect :)
    Yup, totally agree....I was in the MT group the other day, for my aggro buff. What a joke, the only reason they wanted me is because the tanks cant keep aggro like they used to. (froggies was a nightmare)
    Oh, and in SC last night, just a normal grp I almost screamed, the troubie I was with was mezzing my goddam mobs. [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]?? What in hell am I there for? Grrrrrrrrrrrr! I asked him to stop and he said he was doing it for back up..no...piss off and dont take over the only thing I've got left!
    The more I am forced to group with bards for 'max power regen' the more I hate them :p
  4. ARCHIVED-deffect Guest

So far I have never seen a power regen problem, all of the targets go down lightning fast. Sure there will prolly be some epic shiz in the future that the "max regen" will help on. But ok, so we turn crack on, and autofollow, who would know the difference ? I want to make a difference, thats why I picked enchanter. Because its a unique class, that I knew would only have a handfull of people, shoulda gone dps. Atleast they mean something, all we are now is power bots, and nerfed bots at that. Lv 61 we get a new regen, [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] is that? How are they gona give us a new regen at 61, thats the most bs I have ever seen ever.

btw hi kitt =)

-def
    btw - our huge hits from TM on raid mobs from defiler debuff dont exist anymore, grats stealth nerf.
    Message Edited by deffect on 10-14-2005 04:05 AM
  5. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

Yah, so just because we get our new Power Regen at 61(both enchanters alike), I think we're missing something else. We will still get screwed next expansion. Guess when Bards get their next regen spell? 69! We get screwed next expansion again, then they get screwed the expansion after that, IF the game is still alive and well by then, which it probably won't be, because our next next is at 75, and theirs is at 83, which will be a LONG time coming. Of course, the cycle continues and we get screwed more often.
  6. ARCHIVED-Melaa Guest

ok to add to this feeling of uselessness on raids.

Since the stun/stifle was taken away from everyone, I was looking foward to seeing how often TM would go off now. My TM is at master 2. I am able to get the upgrade at 55/56 just no pearl to upgrade it to adept 3 yet, so I am still using TM since the % is higher then the adept 1 of the upgrade. That being said it is suppose to do 592% of the mobs power as damge. Before the stun/stifle nerf it would go off maybe once every other epic target if I was lucky but would hit for an amazing amount. 10-24k+ approx.

So last night we raided some x2 and x4 epic mobs. I kepted TM the entire time on each mob to really test if I could see a difference with the no stun/stifle thing. So TM goes off all the time now. Maybe 4-7 times depending how long it takes us to kill a mob. But the one big difference, yup you guess it, it only hits between 300-700dmg now. So it apears that there was a ninja nerf to all mob power usage.

/sigh

This game just keeps getting worse and worse. I'm about ready to move to bazzaar and be done with this [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn].

EDIT: ok the mroe i think about it maybe 10-24k + was a bti high if that kept going off would trivialize things, but to nerf it to not even do over 1k damage? When certain melee classes can hit with a weapon for over 1k dmg? 5-10k dmg would have been nice, I would have even settles for 3k....but NOOOOOOO Sony just has to go to one [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]ing extreme or another.
    Message Edited by Melaa on 10-14-2005 12:31 PM
  7. ARCHIVED-ProphecyCT Guest

Destructive mind Adept 3 - 460% (Level 56)
    TM Master 2 - 595% (Level 42)
    Despotic Mind Master 1 - 512% (Level 28)

As you can see, Despotic Mind master 1, a level 28 spell, is still significantly better than the tier 6 version of it. There is indeed some scaling issues with this spell, but I would assume so because of the fact that the spell runs on the basis of percents, which scales (sorta) as you fight higher level mobs wheather you want it or not.

Also the "spike" damage from TM line of spells, apears to be "fixed," but I have no way to confirm it right now =P.
  8. ARCHIVED-xxalanxx Guest

Anyone notice that if you get a defiler in your group you can .....**clamps mouth shut before inviting SOE nerf demons***
  9. ARCHIVED-Karde Sharke Guest

10. ARCHIVED-deffect Guest

Having defiler in group makes TM proc more because they have spells that make the mob use more power, sony knows that.
    But on the flip side, the agro buff is actually quite useful in the MT group due to lack of tuant now from warriors.
    So haste, power, and agro buff in raid.
  11. ARCHIVED-PigLickJF Guest

Defiler/TM has already been fixed according to several people in the coercer channel.

PigLick
  12. ARCHIVED-KK123 Guest

Couldn't agree more Deffect, I chose Coercer to be a difference-maker come raid time. We cannot mez, stun, or stifle epics, Bard regen is at 34/tick now compared to our 27 at adept 3, add Mind's Eye and we can BARELY outregen them. As far as TM goes: I have Master 1 Destructive Mind (lvl56)... do you really want to know the percentage it returns? 601%, yep 6% more than the master 2 version available to everyone, not to mention the master 2 uses MUCH less power. Grats useless master book.

At least we can thank SOE for allowing us to afk faster on raids, no longer must we buff 12-24 people, we don't have to do ANYTHING. Our %DPS buff is a complete joke, auto attack only? Be serious. I'm better off charming a level 50 solo mob if i'm looking to add dps to a raid (literally). I have YET to run into a melee who can tell when i have my buff on or remove it, maybe having it add 25dps to a raid encounter will do that... I guess we have to waste conc slots on something right? If you have Adept 3 Channel (15 minutes is a bit excessive for this ability, no?) you're most definately hurting the raid by doing anything other than using our debuff and power tap. Our best nuke does 500 MAX damage with a 15 second recast, our new dots are such minor damage upgrades its almost sad.

Currently we are unique in only ONE way: 1100+ power to each group member, thats it. With the current state of power hardly being an issue, yes you can once again call Coercers perfect raid afkers... not completely useless Deffect but almost :smileywink:.

Toroniku
    59 Coercer - Bazaar |
    www.eq2risen.com
  13. ARCHIVED-Dystrax Guest

you know what, i am actually kind of psyched about this, haha. every freaking sunday for 5-6 hours i had to buff a froggy raid...with nary an AFK - even during AFK breaks because if i DID, i would have to completely restart crack and have ppl getting pissed at me for letting it drop. so yeah, now i will get to watch TV and movies during raids like all the DPS classes could for the past year. its gonna be sweet - i need to catch up on Lost (that kate is a hottie!)

in other news, i just about killed this one templar the other day. He actually said in /raid: Dystrax, can i get crack please??!! FFS the guy was even in my group.......its not even like he was in a group without a chanter....i was like /raid: you little piece of crap...SOE actually made it so that i will never have to deal with ppl asking me for crack EVER AGAIN, and you actually asked for it....in /raid......WHEN YOU ALREADY HAD IT FFS. The freaking guy is a ENT surgeon too, not like he is a moron. blah.
  14. ARCHIVED-Usermaatre Guest

Hey Dystrax, can I get crack?
  15. ARCHIVED-Signal9 Guest

Lol
  16. ARCHIVED-Dystrax Guest

bah!

so i mentioned this in the coercer channel last night. My guild finally decided to go check out lockjaw. FYI he is a berzerker. FYI he does the whole berzerj assault thing. FYI magus can proc A LOT more than it says it can. Because about 10 seconds into the fight, he did his assault attack, and i swear to god magus procced about 50 times at once. his health went from 95% to 45% - kinds like it used to with TM....only this wasnt TM. i was like THAT WAS SWEET....until it procced a second time like that just moments later...yeah he didnt like that so he turned on me and i wiped the raid lol.

so thtas another thing we are good for on raids.....wipes....
  17. ARCHIVED-PigLickJF Guest

Yah, the game counts multi-hit and aoe attacks as one "hit" in regards to spells that proc off of it, but it will proc for every actual individual hit. Illusionists are finding the same thing with their Prismatic line on berserkers, monks etc they're grouped with.

PigLick