why Walgreens no longer selling $10 SC cards?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Tyrus Dracofire, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Tyrus Dracofire Well-Known Member

they said they don't carry anymore, and I bought some cards for several months.
    I just wonder if CVS, Rite-Aid, and few other pharmacy shops are either stop selling or still do have them?

is that because of contract? or just abandoned 'unpopular' game cards?
    all I see at walgreens are selling legends, Sims, or other oversea "Asian's online games", I see no other popular games such as wow, or even free realms, or any turbinegames, just mostly unrecognizable games I never heard.
  2. Shamus9 Active Member

I was just about to try to contact support on this exact topic. Not only does Walgreens no longer have these, the Walmarts, Family Dollar Stores, & CVS Pharmacies in my area all seem to be out of them as well. I live in a kind of rural area, so checking stores up to 50 miles away in different directions has been a little frustrating.

The closest Walmart (over 30 minutes away) showed the cards to be "In Stock" at the store when I checked online, but when I got there, there were none to be found. The representatives helped me look as their store computers also showed them to be in stock. (The cards at Walmart were to have been the $15.00 Sony Universal game time or SC cards). It was determined after much futile searching that the cards had been ordered by WalMart but were never delivered. There were none at the other stores either. I found some $10.00 Free Realms cards at the Family Dollar, but as I was unsure if they could be used to add SC to my EQ2 "Wallet", I did not purchase them. I used to get them from Walmart where they were always in stock.

Can the SOE Free Realms Game Time/SC cards also be used to add SC to EQ2? It clearly states on their backsides that you should log into or create your Free Realms Account before entering the card numbers, but they also promise to add $10.00 worth of SC. I don't play Free Realms & would hate to waste the money if they cannot be used as SC for EQ2. An official answer would be so great to have before the 31st & the end of the 2XSC sale. I do not use my bank card online, and the Visa gift cards cost $5.00 to purchase, so buying the SOE Station Cash cards was always the best way for me to add SC.

If they are discontinued, it would be nice to know. I have probably spent enough in gas to have simply purchased the Visa Gift Cards, lol.
  3. Scrubbs New Member

I had the same thing happen. I went to Walmart since their online thing said they had it in stock, gave the associate the product code and the system said they had 16 in stock, but he couldn't find them anywhere. They had one of their display plans out by where they keep the cards and it specifically had a spot for the 15.00 SC cards on it, but they were nowhere to be found. I finally found them at the 3rd Walmart I tried (they had like 3 fully wrapped stacks of them).

The Walmarts by my house have had this issue since I've lived here though. For the past almost 3 years their online stock says they have them in stock, but when I go to pick some up, they're nowhere to be found.
  4. Shamus9 Active Member

I am sorry in advance if posting twice in a row is a bad thing!

Just wanted to say that I have not had so much fun in a game for years. I actually have homes that I can decorate & stay in, and although I started playing online games in 2007, I had never before been able to use appearance only items, or own a house. I simply don't have the words to express how awesome even these 2 things are, not to mention all the other cool things I am finding in Norrath.

So, yes, if I could find some SC cards, I would be buying some additional Marketplace items this weekend!
  5. Mae- Well-Known Member

SC is SC, it doesn't matter if the card says FreeRealms, EQ2, EQ2 or Vanguard. Its SOE wide.
  6. Tyrus Dracofire Well-Known Member

yes you can use free realm face card, as Mae said, they are SOE wide SC.
    hm, I better check dollar general, didn't know that.
    both CVS and Dollar General are in same block, by corners away, since I no longer have my car to drive, that is good one way 35 mins walk each way and walgreens is just across a street.
    I could go to Best Buy on the bus, but hate that waiting for 2 hours for next bus route back to home.

I guess I could go online and order some cards before next double points weekends, if the local walmarts run out, but can ordered delivery or pick ups if you need those cards are confirmed. I had 1 bad card 3 weeks ago that didn't make the scanner approved so they gave me replacement.
  7. AccidentProne37 Active Member

Walmart stores where I live don't carry them at all anymore. We have like...8 stores in a 25 mile radius and all of them tell me the same thing, "We no longer carry those at this location, Sorry"
  8. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

there used to be a card that you had to got a set amount for SC when you created a new free realms account, wonder if this is the one that they are talking about -
  9. Filly67 Well-Known Member

It stinks that so many people are having problems getting these cards. We are luck in MA, any Walmart we go to always has them in stock (bought 14 this week). But I never trust on line sites saying items are in stock. I have called in the past and asked Walmart associates to check the shelf and hold the cards for me if I was going to one a bit of a distance away. With the bonus 500 the 1500 Walmart cards are the only ones we will buy.