Why Voice chat not work?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Aran Anar, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Aran Anar Active Member

One of the best things about Everquest 2 is the nice Voice Chat. I have used it in the past, over a year ago, I see a lot of post on here people having problems with voice chat. I am having same problem.

I ran the voice chat set up from in game on help page, and it let me test my micrpphone volume.

Game is NOT doing the record for 10 seconds and play back test.

Game says my headphone are working. I can hear sound in game perfect with them.

I join voice chat channel Guild from my SoE mote page in game on options.

I click on my voice chat tool bar and join guild on all those windows.

The game gives me massage in chat box, "you have been removed from voice chat" and it does this over and over again, and when I open up SoE mote page in game it shows I am not in a chneel so I click on it choose guild again.

Problem I am having even after I get the Voice Chat setup all done and it shows I am in my voice chat channel when I push "to talk" key I get red message " you are not in a chat channel"

I went to game options choose my headset and microphone as default that stopped the kicking me out of voice chat part... I always get message you are not in a chat channel when press "to talk" button in game.

I do everything right and follow everything on voice chat set up and then it not let me talk on microphone and I cant hear anyone.

> Problem is game is not putting my char in the list of voice chat users box (v button) <

How I get voice chat to list my char in voice chat users ?

Thank you for help >^.^<
  2. Aran Anar Active Member

Anyone know how to get it to work? I have question right click chat window in game for type chat, choose chat channel, one at very top you can click on the box for it, has no name next to it, click on it and then game automatically removes the check from the box? What type chat channel was this?
  3. Bashem Well-Known Member

First thing to do is see if its working using it in windows.
    Then make sure your using same device in game and I would remove it from voice settings and log out then re log in and then re select your voice item. All steps may not be necessary but its a good place to start.
  4. Landreau New Member

Same issue here, did 2 complete uninstalls. All other programs work with chat on this machine. EQ 1 also fails which leads me to believe it is a Launchpad issue. I cannot select my device or it takes like 15 secs. No test or Record/Playback function. Receive same messages as above when ptt is activated. Worked on raid on Friday night next day bubkiss.