why the dragon die?

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Darkstalker666, Nov 28, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Darkstalker666 Guest

everywhere, see the dragon skeletons laid on the ground some in lava pit. but why? Is the world wars keep fighting without dragons for over 500 years?
  2. ARCHIVED-Sinect Guest

If I'm understanding your question correctly, Dragon's haven't been gone for 500 years.
    Esorpa - The Ambassador was killed (can't be good for diplomatic relations between RoS and CoV factions)
    Duno where Phara'Dar is, although the Shipyard has a quest serious calling their commander the Darslayer (might not have anything to do with it, but who knows)
    Lots of wars are still going on and new ones have risen
  3. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

There's hundreds of dragons out there. We'll just never see most of them. A lot of things have happened in the last 500 years. Some major dragons like Esorpa of the Ring have died. Other minor, nameless ones die too. Not everything will be fully explained.
  4. ARCHIVED-Saroc_Luclin Guest

Skyfire always had the "Dragon Cemetary" in it too; so some of those skeletons are a lot older than you may think. Plus we adventurers have been doing our part in thinning the Draconic ranks for going on 500+ years now too.
  5. ARCHIVED-IrishWonder Guest

Sinect wrote:
    Phara'Dar is still around. She is still in Veeshan's Peak working with the Ring. She's the last "Dar" that we're aware of... assuming we killed Harla'Dar in KoS and didn't just beat her up pretty badly.
  6. ARCHIVED-Darkstalker666 Guest

i saw the dragon in LS but it was so huge dragon. how can be die there? It like strong poison make kill them but how? its unable use sword and arrows becase that skin are so thick skin. but i was think it may kill the dragon from poison gas when they breath.
  7. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

IrishWonder wrote:
    Too be fair, most of the Dar brood didn't show up until Velious in the first place anyway.
  8. ARCHIVED-Eriol Guest

Saroc_Luclin wrote:
    Ya, how else would we get dkp (Dragon Kill Points) anyways?
  9. ARCHIVED-DrkVsr Guest

Darkstalker666 wrote:
    Maybe not from the outside, but some brave (or stupid :p) halflings volunteer to be swallowed by the giant lizards and hack away from the inside, if they succeed they proceed to carve a way out the dragons egg layer (takes a month of harsh scrubbing to get them clean :D)
  10. ARCHIVED-Saroc_Luclin Guest

You may laugh, but in the DnD game I'm in, we had a case where a warrior did hack a dragon from the inside. 'course it was just the inside of the dragon's mouth, but he did carve a whole through the lower jaw :)
  11. ARCHIVED-Sinect Guest

Darkstalker666 wrote:
    Dragon's have been killed in many ways.
    Ar'ticae, Dythra, and Mjolni are the three Drakota that attacked and killed Vox while she was in her lair.
    Aurraxius, Kaljanar, Niscanith, Vanudozalon, and Trenda'loz were sent out to kill Nagafen. All by the means of the Harness.
    I can imagine tons of ways to kill a dragon without swords or arrows