Why the Character Select Screen in Chaos Descending is.. disgusting?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Ra'Gruzgob, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

You've got that wrong, I'm afraid - thumbs down signified to put the sword down and not kill the defeated gladiator. Thumbs up meant to finish him. See here.
    Seefar, Cyrrena, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  2. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

..actually not especially surprises me that on one hand two thumbs grow :oops:
    Rhodris likes this.
  3. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

On the contrary, I am very glad that I do not think of different things the same words. English evolved so to be easily perceived by many nations. Therefore those who think in other languages, have terrible advantage. Do not tell about it (shh..). Otherwise at all schools will force to study anew :confused:
    Rosyposy likes this.
  4. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Either way, welcome to the forums, no matter what is your personal language. We are all players here and so all are welcome.
    Seefar, Saw-Lau, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  5. EmJay Well-Known Member

The first time I saw the character select screen I thought what the heck is wrong with my monitor? The color tint needs to go it looks horrible!
    Seefar, Tkia, Svenone and 4 others like this.
  6. CyphKye New Member

I think its an artists impression of what it would look like after the lights been turned off (your characters are sleeping?). It has some after opening hours, lights been turned off, moon light from the windows kinda feel. For some reason they thought red/pink colors would work best.

It kinda grows on you after a while.

Having said that I would like the original version back with the tree etc.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

There are a few cultures where babies born with 2 thumbs on one hand signifies that the baby is special in some way. Most of the time, this extra thumb is "clipped" off while the baby is still in the hospital. A lot of the extra thumbs do not function, but they do look like a thumb, they have a joint, a nail, etc.
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Yes, as Meneltel said, welcome. Also we find a way so that we can understand each other no matter what the language is.
    Seefar, Saw-Lau, Rhodris and 2 others like this.
  9. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

I tick the likes to all, because You did't ignore this theme. It's annoying :mad: that at this forum there is no setting for automatic tick the likes , and an option to create poll, because likes it's other, and votes another (a first are watched o_O , and are considered :( the second)
  10. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

..in the absence of answers, questions accrue, just as sliding snowball. Seems somehow not democratically, the fact that key discussions with players are made before all see this new. Why not date of an official exit is considered the beginning (of discussions)? While is obvious that only the few participated in consideration of changes :confused:
  11. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

Riders
    The surest thing there is is we are riders, ...
    There is our wildest mount- a headless horse.
    But though it runs unbridled off its course,
    And all our blandishments would seem defied,
    We have ideas yet that we haven't tried.
    Robert Frost
    hier - https://www.poemhunter.com/poem/riders-4/
    :)
  12. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

Precisely " ..they wouldn't let us do it."
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Privately owned corporations are not democracies, they are absolute dictatorships. Read the EULA sometime.
    Dude likes this.
  14. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

And how the button "start" in windows 8? Then under pressure of the public, absolute dictatorship made concessions. There were 8.1 Here stated a wish that zero time was spent by developers on that what here want. However time of the company other than zero, was already spent for example for check of participation of some users in recently being failures. Viewing of logs of their spies borrows too, know whether, certain time. I think as a certain emotional discomfort could take place to be at some after viewing of this theme. And it is time expense too. But if the company would be guided by the statements which for all and it is large, then would have, perhaps, other prerogatives of an expense of time of the employees. Actually they go down stream. Forgive for grammatical mistakes..
  15. Meneltel Well-Known Member

And many of those corporations are now out of business or owned by another corporation due to changing market conditions, including loss of customers for many reasons.
    Tkia and Rhodris like this.
  16. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

17. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

Well, and now let's pass to a being of the question. Let's pass, at last actually to discussion our, sounded here, the question (everything that was before, is intro to discussion). At the beginning of I suggest to get acquainted with some common and known (and of course for all simple) data. More precisely their first part:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_psychology
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_preferences
    And who does not like to much read consider please only this.. well, the picture (may the Google Translate be with You): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Goethe_Schiller_Die_Temperamentenrose.jpg
  18. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

Perhaps it happened to them because of the frequent use of marijuana more than doctor noted? No? "..thc in marijuana lowers blood pressure which dilates the blood vessels and increases blood flow throughout the body. This causes the blood vessels in the eye to expand causing redness or bloodshot eyes. .." (http://www.eyedoctorguide.com/eye_general/marijuana-impact-vision.html) It could not affect somehow?
  19. Krystoffer Member

The only issue that I have with the current character select screen is the reddish hue. Daybreak could fix this by reducing the red amount in the RBG coding for the backdrop.
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Rhodris like this.
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It's not really a backdrop. Apparently the character select screen is a small zone all to itself. Obviously, the light is being filtered in some way to create the red tint though.

Has anyone asked any of the art team about this?
    Cyrrena likes this.