Why no new Dooming Darkness Spell?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-NewbJoe, Jul 20, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-NewbJoe Guest

Why no t8 dooming darkness spell?

Also I hate the Innoruuk theme for necromancers. the mage pet and the scout pet could've use more imagination IMO as well. [IMG]
  2. ARCHIVED-Sabutai Guest

we were never meant to have a snare, this spell was discontinued because they only wanted this for PvP servers.
  3. ARCHIVED-Mewse Guest

...and as for the Innoruk them for necromancers - I have no idea what you are talking about. A necro's god is Cazic-Thule and anyone who says otherwise is a sissy
  4. ARCHIVED-khanthemighty Guest

CT? ...not Bertox? Why so...?
  5. ARCHIVED-Plaguemeister Guest

Sabutai wrote:
    Dooming Darkness was introduced into the necro spell line up long before pvp became an option. As far as its utility in PVP it absolutely sucks. Dooming Darkness is a snare dot - it therefore breaks itself and or breaks as soon as you get 1-2 othr dots on target. The original devs stated somewhere (no i don't recall exactly where but I know others ahve read and can verrify or tweak my statement) that they did not want classes to have the ability to kite. This being said ALL scouts can kite quite well but necros cannot. You have to ask yourself why kiting is ok for some classes but not necros. Scout snares do not break themselvs like the necro snare either. Dooming Darkness needs to be upgraded to be a superior snare than scout snares and castable on the run - necro snaring is a eq1 class defining ability - here it is a worthless experience in getting added damage from lich proc.
    I hhave a brigand, ranger, assassin, and a troub - my scout snares are superior in every way to the current necro snare. Yes I play on a pvp server but I was a blubie necro from eq2beta through pvp beta.
  6. ARCHIVED-Sabutai Guest

Vlahkmaak@Venekor wrote:
    if I recall correctly the DD line was introduced after launch, whether it was before PvP was introduced I can't recall offhand, but I thought it was before. It has been my belief that they just don't want necros to be able to kite like they did in eq1, kinda a shame since our counterparts get and long duration snare for their soloing. I'd be happy if they would just remove the snare component and just leave us with a quick casting dot.
  7. ARCHIVED-NewbJoe Guest

I've been playing my Necro a few months before kingdom of sky and introduction of the PvP servers.

As far as having Dooming Darkness could be useful in raids. It's just kinda lame to nerf Necros or leave out updating
    decent spell. They did the same thing Shadowknights with Deathmarch...which I like having a good Shadowknight
    that Deathmarchs like no tomorrow!!

Praise Bertoxxolus!!! [IMG]
  8. ARCHIVED-DwarvesRUs Guest

It's a completely useless spell. The only reason to cast it is to proc lich.
    I'm still using the initial spell at App1. Never bothered to upgrade it at all. It doesn't have the "resisability increased vs mobs level XX or higher" thing, so... never had a reason to waste the cash on it.
  9. ARCHIVED-Paikis Guest

Vlahkmaak@Venekor wrote:
    They do break though. I agree this spell is useless... not enough damage, and not a high enough snare % anyways.
  10. ARCHIVED-PhoenixBrother Guest

Agreed. The spell is useless except for a Lich proc.

Side Note: Cazic-Thule for Necro Deity? Pfft. If you're going melee with the mob, maybe. Bertoxxulous all the way.
  11. ARCHIVED-Mewse Guest

Yeah, I know - Bertox is the way to go. Just seeing if anyone was paying attention hence the