Why let us do quest, but not get reward?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by CoLD MeTaL, Dec 20, 2016.

1. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Why is the greenmist heritage to do the quest accountwide, but the weapon proc isn't accountwide?

Is it really that important to make people slog through years old content?
    Surgeon likes this.
  2. Adevil Well-Known Member

I would assume it's account wide so as to not block access to KA content (due to voluminous complaints), but if you want to reap the benefits of said quest, then you must do the quest.
    Mermut and Shmogre like this.
  3. KythosMeltdown Active Member

The questline takes one maybe two hours. I don't agree with making people slog through years old content, but the KA content is short enough as it is, but the Prerequisites you have to do tie in with the storyline of this expansion.

If you only had to do all the stuff on one character, you would finish the Kunark Timeline in just short of a few hours. Again its artificially making the game seem longer, they've been doing this ever since they've become shorthanded. Just think about the quests themselves, "go to the far end of the zone, kill a couple things, then come all the way back to the crusaders cave". Repeat for each quest in the series.
  4. Jumbled Member

Gah! That sounds like MOST of the quests I've ever had to do in here.

"Go all the way to the edge of the world and pick up a rock, then walk it all the way back here so we can stack it with these other rocks.....rinse and repeat several times. And oh, by the way, if anything tries to stop you, you're allowed to kill it, but not before you return here to ask permission, and then I'll give you a list of people in EACH far corner of the world you need to kill in order to clear the way for your next task. But be warned, as they won't actually show up until you stand precisely on 'X' and then suddenly you're beset with several waves of little things you need to hack through before you find the one you want, which is probably cowering behind one of those rocks you were supposed to pick up, but can't in this case because you need to deal with him first, followed by returning back here to report in, and THEN be sent back out to actually pick up that rock....which was your whole purpose to begin with."

Yeah, sounds easy enough.....
  5. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I still wish there was the option "How about I kill enough of you Iksar so you will give me what I want so I will go away and let you all live in peace... and not in pieces!"
    Conifur likes this.
  6. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

going back to do old questlines for mage epic, and my dragon mount is getting a crazy workout for sure. "Please go get that thing at the far end of Sundered Frontier. Thank you. Now go back to that same spot and put it back. Then come back and tell me what it looked like. Thank you. Now go back and grab some water from right next to it and carry that back here as well. Thank you, but I forgot to let you know there is also a plant right next to the water that I need. Great! Wait, why is your dragon passed out?"

I really don't understand the mindset behind these decisions. I mean, I do understand giving us things to do to keep us in game. But it sometimes/often feels like the developers get paid for how many miles my character travels.
  7. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Why do you not consider unblocking access to KA benefits of the quest.
  8. Conifur Well-Known Member

They only care about making it seem like there is actual content, not actually providing it. I could not even equip the original on my Mage but must go back and do the quest anyway. How is that a "tie in" to the old content? It is a time sink and a time sink only. Everything in this zone addition (refuse to call it an expansion) is a time sink to make up for the addition of so little content.
  9. Jumbled Member

Precisely! And depending on how "valuable" the item is you're aiming for, the more miles you need to travel for it. It scales proportionately, and many times in some rather unfathomable ways.
  10. Jumbled Member

I would actually wish for a "if I kill enough of you, will you learn the lesson and start being nice to me" quest line. Muahaha. You might think that after I'm wearing a "slayer" title over my head, people would show a little more respect, especially those who's name I'm wearing as a slayer of.
    Shmogre likes this.
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

Would YOU 'respect' somebody who did that to 'yours'? Or would you find somebody bigger and badder to avenge yours?
    Shmogre likes this.
  12. Surgeon Active Member

It's funny because it's true :)