Why IS this forum here?

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Thunderthyze, May 30, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Thunderthyze Guest

[p]Posted by Grimwell and stickied to the top of the forum:[/p][p]"This forum is intended to be a discussion place for people interested in the basic and extended features of the EQ2Players.com website. What do you like? What don't you like? What do you wish was there? Share your thoughts here!"[/p][p]Can I take this to mean that we can talk about guild chat (or the absence thereof), or are we only in fact allowed to talk about SOE's successes?[/p][p]Guild chat is an extended feature and I am very interested in it. I would like to discuss why it is I, and very many others, are denied access to guild chat, and have been for well over a year now. We have had very little feedback on the issue other than certain Web Devs saying that it is a known issue that appears to be affecting a "vocal minority" and that it is being investigated. In the meantime you have totally revamped the Players site with no effect on the problem. Some people have suggested it is confined to non US servers, non US ISP's, out of date Flashplayers, etc etc. Fact is it used to work for me for over a year and now it doesn't.[/p][p]Jabru's last word on this issue was posted last week:[/p]
    [p]As I responded at the time I have posted error screen messages months ago with no acknowledgement. I have used multiple pc's, multiple ISP's, multiple OS, all of which USED to work but none now do. My home pc is totally up to date. We have offered access to our pc's for the web devs to see the problem in action and this has been ignored.[/p][p]Could I ask a favour that may well result in calming many forum members ire? Could someone post a response that let's us know just how widespread the problem is and what SOE's gut instinct is that is causing this? Is it server related, is it guild related, is it ISP related. Personally if you were to admit that you have no idea and that it isn't really a priority to sort out at all then I would probably applaud your honesty. At the moment though your silence and threats of account bannings is just alienating many account holders.[/p][p]I think asking about a problem that has been in existence for over a year with no change is not unreasonable and I'm sorry if it puts you in an awkward postion but perhaps if it was placed on the monthly update hotlist of things to sort out then something may eventually get done. Sweeping it under the carpet and banning accounts for mentioning it is perhaps NOT the best PR in the world.[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-Image_Vain Guest