Why is T7 master tank pet better that T8 Adept III?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Odium, Feb 10, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Odium Guest

Simple question: Why is T7 master tank pet better that T8 Adept III?

I'd really like to just ask that honestly - no flames, no ranting, no Dev bashing....just why?

As an example:

T7 Master tank pet : increases threat 1356 - 2260, 188 - 314 damage and 49 damage ever 3 secs
    T8 Adept III tank pet: Increases threat 1212 - 2021, 169 - 281 damage and 44 every 3 secs

Every combat art is the same, T7 Master is better.

Have I missed something? - A master of a previous tier should not be better that an Adept III of the following tier - and for a pet that is just nuts. There is really no reason for me to use my lvl 77 Adept III Tank.

If Ive made a mistake somewhere, please point it out so I can fix it.

If this is just how it is.....can someone (Preferably someone that knows, rather than someone that guesses) explain the rational

Are the other pets this way too? I'm frightened to look.
  2. ARCHIVED-Robert2005 Guest

I'm sure it will be fixed by nerfing the T7 pets.
    LOL
    ... we now return to regularly scheduled programming ..
  3. ARCHIVED-Mewse Guest

Its really all about spell scaling. The T7 tank Master is better than the T8 Adept III for the first level after you get the T8 pet. But the T7 pet stops scaling upward at level 76. The T8 pet keeps scaling up after 77. So, at level 78 the T8 pet is better at Adept III. Now, considering that we don't get the T8 tank pet until 77 and we only got 3 more levels to grow into it, you are right, it doesn't seem like much; because it isn't. The biggest advantage of the T8 pet over the T7 one is that the T8 looks a lot cooler.
  4. ARCHIVED-Odium Guest

Mewse wrote:
    Well, I guess that makes sence. But If I get to lvl 80 and my T8 is still worse than my master T7 - I'm hunting you down with a vengence! ;-)
  5. ARCHIVED-ainth Guest

By the time you hit 80 as a necromancer, your T8 adept 3 pet has at least 1000 more hitpoints and better agro control then a master 1 T7 dreadnaught. Remember folks in this new expansion you cant go all out ape **** on you prey right away with all the dps modifiers that the new quests give us. We generate alot of dps right off the bat so be careful =) and manage your dps =). Your pet will hold agro fine you just cant chain cast non stop and excpect to get agro and heal your self through life tapping. This would be ******** and make necros to over powered lol.

my adept3 t8 tank pet can kill just bout anything and hold agro fine i just pase my self and kill the mobs slower especially the heroics ^^^. not alot of the ^^^ mobs in ROK but they are there.