Why is raid gear so terrible.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Yards, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Yards Well-Known Member

So far there hasn't been any worthwhile raid loot that I have seen. All of the upgraded gear either comes from heroic zones or questing, is this intended? There is only 2 raid mobs and 1 contested mob left and it seems like there is no point to farm any of the raid content because the loot is beyond bad.
    ZUES and Doomey like this.
  2. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Have you spent several hundred thousand plat on infusing to make it Officially Awesome yet?
    -Soteria-, Beee, Feldon and 4 others like this.
  3. mouser Well-Known Member

Raiding is its own reward.

Putting the best items in the content that most of the player base plays is a simple and good business decision.
    Berserkerkitten likes this.
  4. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

No lol. Putting the best items in the most challenging content wich cannot be mass farmed with simple PuGs countless times per day is the only acceptable decision.
    Tylia, Liou_Unrest, Neiloch and 2 others like this.
  5. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Riiiight so that raid content can eventually be 24-raid boxed and SLRed to oblivion by selected few. That's what you mean?

Heroics and solo can be done by anyone and all so SLR is irrelevant already.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

Except I see a bunch of people selling.. and even more baffling BUYING slr-ed AS gear....
    And, no, I don't mean the class cloaks and stuff.. I mean the normal common drops...
    Kalderon and DoomDrake like this.
  7. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

And actually for very modest price of 100pp .. which is nice to be able get jump start with new in ToT
    Kalderon likes this.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

HANDcrafted gear, which costs 15g in fuel, is nearly as good as the AS gear.
    Also, why would you pay 100p for something you can just get yourself easily? But then I've never understood why a person would want to buy gear rather then earn it through play... obviously a bunch of people do.. I just don't understand it.
    Tylia and Ceyllynn like this.
  9. Adevil Well-Known Member

Is raid gear actually bad? Maybe the devs linked it to attitude.

ToT has sort of kicked crafters in the teeth, why not raiders, too? I keep reading, and still see nothing that makes me want to buy the expansion I'm sure things will change (AoM morphed a lot during the first couple of months) and maybe then I'll buy in.

ATM...not worth it.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  10. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Simple answer would be for more enjoyable game experience. For Handcrafted - I am not sure about melee but for casters blue stats (that handcrafed lacking and so are even mastercrafted) are a lot more important compare to regular stats.... Let say both AS and Hancrafted have +450 base stats and +900sta but ... AS have twice more blue stats (like handcrafted have a most 2 blue stats) - personally I love have on single piece of gear everything I need SDA/SCS/POT/CB/AM - hand crafted usually don't have that. mastercrafted also don't have that or have stats that I don't need or don't want like WDB or SWDB or Multiattack etc..
    Back to question - why pay ... well if single piece of gear will safe me boring grid or camping - why not, if I can get semidecent set via Sig line, I'll go for that as well
  11. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

I doubt people box the more challenging raid content. Where the good stuff should be. If you can box a zone it isn't challenging, even less so if it's a raidzone. Also I love SLR!
    Kalderon likes this.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

I'm not talking about the AoM handcrafted stuff, I'm talking about ToT Handcrafted (which, for some reason, is tagged mastercrafted legendary) has about 1400 sta, plus there is a variety of blue stats to choose from, not the non-existent selection the AoM crafted armor had. Check out the splitiron gear on the broker.. that's the (metal) ToT handcrafted stuff.
    flameweaver, Jaden and DoomDrake like this.
  13. Smite Active Member

I agree with some of the others about using the "plat-split" to assist in your ascent via infusion. I'd love to see the server bankrolls to know where all these people that claim to have 400K+ plat got it without raid plat-splits but that is another issue entirely.

Traditionally when a player criticizes itemization it is best to provide a few specific examples of what the issue is. Back in DOV I pointed out that Critical Mitigation had something akin to current gold market backwardation in that entry level raid gear was a DPS downgrade from upper level heroic gear (while CM was being used as Heroic Gearscore for group formations) and the "you need crit mit and deal with it" wasn't enough to pull me over to their side.

Now, if the heart of your complaint is that your raid gear no long provides overwhelming advantage in other non-raid areas of gameplay due to the wording of the boosts (i.e. extra Potency for every 2 priests in the raid, more whatever based on number of raid members up to 24 etc.) well...

Welcome to 2015.

Raiding no longer provides 1st Class Citizenship in the Empire. Heroic players are no longer required to kneel in a primary raider's presence while working through Heroic content.

It's great when you've got a nice player who is raid equipped that can trivialize content to help others but often you get some real turkeys. I remember a raid-Scout in ToV who had never even seen Ahrmatal the Scorcher's flame script. They kept hosing my PUG because their usual guild raid group had it down quicker and lowering their Buttons Per Second in order to increase their situational awareness for the encounter was beyond their ability to be patient. They never would have made it in my lower DPS groups that regularly exceeded 10 min encounters on that mob with the Bruiser or 5 hour VD zones with the Monk. That Monk should have one of those - Patience, Pass it on - Billboards in their honor. More than a few 4-5 hour VD's... with no drama meltdowns in the group... That was epic.

The separation of playstyles was necessary as "challenging" content doesn't always mean 24-person coordination and "best" equipment is now tailored to each band of gameplay as it should be. 24-person raiding - the experience - is its own reward. If more people had used their raid gear advantage from 1999-2015 for good rather than social disruption/stratification the current system wouldn't have needed to be implemented.
    Ceyllynn and Berserkerkitten like this.
  14. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Then you guys haven't met a lot of the AB "raid guilds" that actually participate in this behavior.
    Kalderon likes this.
  15. Feldon Well-Known Member

Ford, Chevy, Toyota, Honda, etc. have racing teams that develop incredibly powerful sports cars that less than 1% of 1% will ever own. Their existence sells millions of affordable cars.
  16. Kraeref Well-Known Member

There is no challenging content so far. Lots of guilds which were mediocre last expac have already cleared Stygian. Half way in Maldura and in Kralet. All these zones are not hard and do not deserve much of an outstanding gear.
    Kalderon likes this.
  17. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Good point
    Kalderon likes this.
  18. Enigma Active Member

Yea i agree..hopefully something is done or make the avatars relevant again by making their loot infusable.
  19. Doomey Active Member

t1 and 2 are very easy as intended by the dev team so a larger portion of the player base can have content to do. there was a significant difficulty increase going to t3 yet the gear from it has not been indicative of t3 mobs. it has been quite mediocre as a whole. even the mount we got the other day has almost identical stats to the heroic mount. it seems like gear just stops scaling at the heroic level.
  20. resonate Active Member

lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
    Feldon, Anunnaki and Avirodar like this.