Why is it that Beastlords pets get to share resists and other pet classes dont ?

Discussion in 'Spells, Abilities, and General Class Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Blayug, Dec 4, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Blayug Guest

I noticed that the warder pet shares the beastlords resistances and summoners/shaman and enchanters pets still get shafted.
    Why is this so? Why cant we all have the same mechanic? Warders get and AOE block and shared resists this just isnt fair...
    Either make it so that all pets share resists or make the warder pets not able to share resists.
  2. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

If Warders are sharing physical resistance as well as the three mystical resistances the gap is even wider.
  3. ARCHIVED-Blayug Guest

Warders share ele/nox/arcane resists with the beastlord.
  4. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

they probably did that to make the warders tougher.
    Beastlords literally only have like 7 abilities. that's it. everything else relies on them having thier pet. yes if a summoner's pet dies, thier dps goes down prolly 50-60%. if the BL pet dies, his dps prolly goes down 85-90%. not to mention his utility as well, since most of that are primal/advantages that can only be used when his warder procs a weakness.
    they were not kidding when they said before a BL without his warder is all but useless.
  5. ARCHIVED-GeminiStar Guest

Cuddlewards@Unrest_old wrote:
    Obviously never played a BST and has no idea how they work.
    Do you really want the same mechanic as BST? Ok summoners get shared resists but when their pet is dead they get a perma stifle untill the pet is back. Oh wait now the summoner pet cant be on an instant recast so lets add that in too. Yay summoners now have to wait 15 sec to recast their pet!
    Ok now your class is equal to the BST, have fun with the nerfs!
    QQ more and lets see what else we can nerf on your class.
  6. ARCHIVED-EvilAstroboy Guest

Attack of the trolls!
    Yes Beastlords need their pets to survive, yes it makes a bigger difference. But why does that mean that all other pet classes shouldnt have the same mechanic that shares the casters survivability with its pet?
    Noone is asking for Beastlord pet survivability to be nerfed, they are asking to have pet equality. The fact that other pets do much much less than a Beastlord is even more reason why there should be no issues with adding survivability to these pets. The only thing it currently does is annoy people that have to constantly resummon.
    As a chanter its not even worth resummoning until after combat, where you promptly get left behind by the raid as they run to the next mob. Why not just throw them a bone and be rid of the annoyance factor of squishy pets?
  7. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

okay then as a chanter, how about everytime your pet dies, all of your mana abilties become unusable until it's back up, and only 7 of your damage abilities are usable. then you can have the 'less squishy' pet with shared resists.
  8. ARCHIVED-Blayug Guest

A beastlords warder shouldnt die before you do in a raid setting due to having the shared arcane/nox/ele resists.
    Not only that you also get to proc AOE avoidance for your warder and your beastlord can also have the ability to cast regenerating wards.
  9. ARCHIVED-EvilAstroboy Guest

Rainmare@Oasis wrote:
    There you go again with the one or the other attitude. Beastlords already have survivability, its not going away, and theres no reason why the other pets should be neglected. The pet is part of the chanters, shaman and summoner skill set in varying degrees of importance, and the fact that these ones die on every single raid ae when not blocked or stoneskinned is just silly.
    I dont play a chanter anymore. But I know how annoying it was back in SF having to constantly resummon with a 5 second cast. Summoners and shaman have the tools to keep the pet alive at the moment if they pay attention to cast bars and timers, but chanters are left as the odd ones out.
    Regarding the person who said chanters are OP with a pet, I had to laugh. I can easily outparse the chanters on my Mystic (even the Inq beats em) on easymode burns where their pet stays alive the whole time. Sooooo overpowered getting beaten by healers.
  10. ARCHIVED-Lorrn Guest

while i do agree that the chanter pets survivability should be looked at. thats it though

Shamans have a 100% aoe immunity for non-direct on pet. (on top of all the curing warding and group ae blocking it does oh and lets not forget the stoneskin either). shaman pets are not found wanting.
    Both summoners have this ability as well. summoner pet hp is already ahead of beastlord warder hp. and with both summoner tpyes able to cast a 100% ae immunity there is no need to adjsut the resists of their pets.
    beastlord warder survival hasnt even been properly tested in a raid setting. all this is conjecture and assumed probability. yes they share resists, yes they have horrible hit points, they have the same mitigations as a summoner pet for physical dmg. but they only have a 50% uptime ae block proc from their mythical, wheres as summoners is absolute and direct.
    sounds liek a decent trade-off to me.
    so yes chanter pet surviability should be looked at, but warders might need adjusting upwards once on live. we have no idea right now how the warder is going to do survivability wise on a raid.if that means chanter pets get changed to share resists so be it. but I have difficulty listening ot a summoner asking for increased pet survivability when my necros pet outlasts anyone else on the raid already.
  11. ARCHIVED-Blayug Guest

Your lucky you can get your pet to stay up so much in drunder, my personae reflection is one shot most of the time.
  12. ARCHIVED-Mohee Guest

All summoner pets needs to be changed to INT & STA based.
    Also Scout pets need to actually do something other than autoattack 95% of the time...

and on a side note, the beastlord I played on beta, some of the defensive pets I tamed (such as a gorilla from somewhere) had about 28k hp at level 90 on journeyman level.
    I think my Conjuror's tank pet has about 22k?
  13. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Nulgara@Antonia Bayle wrote:
  14. ARCHIVED-GeminiStar Guest

Further proof you have no idea what you are talking about.
    The AOE avoid on the BST Mythical is the exact same thing as the same as the Conj and Necro Mythical proc one and the pets do not cast wards.
    Do your research before you call for nerfs.
  15. ARCHIVED-Blayug Guest

I have played Beastlord in test the pet gets aoe immune from a proc and you can cast regenerating wards to also help keep the warder alive as well as it sharing magical resists. Explain to me how warders are aparently so squishy.
    I am not asking for beastlords to be nerfed I just wanted to know why originally it was designed for magic resists to not be shared with pets and everyone has been asking for that for a while, now all of a sudden the mechanic is introduced but only given to one class.
    Beastlords wont replace summoners the only classes that should be worried are rogues, well I guess brigands have dispatch going for them.
  16. ARCHIVED-EvilAstroboy Guest

GeminiStar wrote:
    Actually you have proven that you have no idea what you are talking about.
    Conjurers and Necros do not have anything on their myth that gives AE immunity to the pet. Necros get an AA which gives AE immunity at the cost of health that can be up all the time, and Conjurers get an AA that gives AE immunity provided you have called off your pet and it is standing next to you doing nothing.
    The AE avoid on the Conjurer myth is for themselves, not for the pet.
    The warder doesnt have regen wards, but you do get them in Spiritual Stance as both an advantage and a primal. And if you are in Feral chances are you will have a Mystic in your group anyway for wards.
  17. ARCHIVED-EvilAstroboy Guest

Pretty much this.
    Everyone has asked for shared resists for 3 years now, and it finally gets added to one new class and not the old ones.
    There is zero justification for the old pets to have no survivability in raids. This thread isnt asking for a BL nerf or a massive boost in the other pet classes DPS, just pet equality for survivability.
    Anyone ranting against pet survivability for other classes is just a troll. Shared resists should be a universal pet mechanic. Whats the point of sharing crit mit when they have no resists anyway?
  18. ARCHIVED-Gaealiegen Guest

LOL at the shaman pet being perfectly fine. Permanent 8 second delay on autoattack with the worst accuracy of all pets is right in line. Come again?
  19. ARCHIVED-Lorrn Guest

Banditman wrote:
    Reading for the win eh.
    Yes Conjys DO have an absolute and Direct way to ae block their pet, I did not say it was the best way bit it there and its not even hard to use, make a macro /pet back off /cast recall minion /cast bubble. not even that hard. yes the necros version is better no one is going to argue against that.
    and again reading ftw both summoners have an absolute and direct way to influence their pets ability to survive an AoE. you may not like it or even use it but that is your own fault for not playing your class to the fulelst potential.

as far as someone saying there conjy tank pet only has 22k hp .. well you must be in othmir gear and have no clue how to aa spec or properly buff your pet. my necros MAGE pet has 29k hp.

shaman pet,, if your after dps with a shaman pet thats where you went wrong, its all the aa'd extras that make that pet great. if they allowed the dog to auto-attack every second or two seconds it would unbalance its curing and ae block proc rates and then they woudl get adjusted DOWN.

I understand everyones odd need to downplay what their class can do. and I also realize the majority of people get the grass is greener syndrome. chanters do have a legitamate beef about their pets ability to survive. these other pet classes do not.
  20. ARCHIVED-Gaealiegen Guest

lol
    The dog's accuracy rating on a raid mob is less than 50% chance of even landing a hit, let alone the chance then of proccing something useful off that hit.
    Let's throw in that 100% of mobs have AE autoattack, and basically all encounters in Drunder have adds, you can just assume the dog doesn't exist past pull.
    I'm not really certain what aspect of gameplay you're coming from, but the dog has nearly no usability at the top end. I'm sure you can refer me to all those necros and conjurers using their melee pets, right? Until all pets are brought in line with survivability this isn't going to change. AE immunity for pets should include AE auto and that's that.