Why I probably wont go to EQ Next

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Celidur, Aug 13, 2013.

1. draxhellion New Member

gw2 sells why soe is going to clone them in this direction.
    iam a big time eq1/2 loyalist.
    i like the idea of sandbox no levels and such but it seems like they are going to be drifting away from the whole nostaliga part of it and i bet they will have guns like gw2 and wow. the cartooney look is not for me either. i like the dark goth look like in eq1 and i think iam gonna stay with eq2.

i really think this is going to bring a lot of the people back into eq2 who left when it attracts the noobie gamers who like the happy face toon players and farting emotes.

Also i was reading on eq2wire how rothgar was apart of the development of eq2n. but now he is left for molten games so i think this is going to hurt them in a way to the legacy soe people.

perhaps they can devout attention to eq2 and working on bringing it back.

they can start by making gold accounts have experts and 4 toons like a silver and broker access. f2p is kinda sham compared ot other games that are f2p like fallen earth and such.

i might go to eq2n.... but i dont think so. i played both wow and gw2 for a short time it doesnt appeal to me... the whole idea of having smiley faces on a toon and disney graphics really looses the d&d type feel to it all.

i think i would rather play hello kitty to be honest but i will stick with eq2 !

just my 3 cents
  2. Caffiend Member

Everything that I have read and seen about EQ Next (especially the WOW-like graphics) lets me know that it's not a game for me. That said, it has one huge thing going for it - the Everquest name. I loved EQ1 and EQ2, so I am certainly going to try the next EQ game. Who knows, I might like it and end up playing it for the next 10 years.