Why don't they have a "deposit all" option for the moving crate?

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Rolaryn, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Rolaryn Active Member

Somehow over the course of time (maybe cause when i pick up something in house editor mode it goes in my bag, not in the crate) my bags become full of house items. I found the only way to move them to a crate is to place them, THEN right click on them and pick "pack in moving crate".

They either need to add a "straight to crate" option to the Ctrl+E circle, or add a "deposit all" option like they did on the harvest box...or do these exist and Im stupid...cause thats a possibility. Thoughts???
  2. Karrane Well-Known Member

It doesn't exist yet , sadly.
  3. Avianna Well-Known Member

it should though
  4. Galldora Well-Known Member

I'd like to see this option, too. Anywhere unnecessary clicking can be eliminated is very good for those of us who are trying to preserve the functionality of our fingers. ;)

And, while this nifty option is being added, could we also get a box where we can type in a specific item we are searching for? With hundreds of items to look through, it's not always easy to find an item by scrolling.
  5. Rolaryn Active Member

keep posting on this thread people!! If only 3 poeple reply, then SOE wont think its a big enough concern to players!! we need to make them aware of this!!
  6. Taysa Well-Known Member

This has my vote.
  7. Andowen Member

+1 for a 'deposit all' button and search window for the moving crate.

I'd also like to see that multiple of the same item stacked in the moving crate interface to make it easier to find items and to see how many you have when looking through the list. Similar to how items show as stacks in a broker box, but each item still count towards the total item count.
  8. Elostirion Well-Known Member

9. Morg Well-Known Member

I vote for deposit all, and would like to add an amendment to ask for the ability to "move" a crate to a different house you do/don't own to be able to decorate it!
    Karrane likes this.
  10. Elostirion Well-Known Member

This would be much less necessary if they would implement the promised feature of being able to sell/transfer houses, including prestige, decorated or not. I'd rather have this than /movecrate, because I think everything you want to do with /movecrate could be done with /sellhouse.
  11. Morg Well-Known Member

Very true Elostirion, I forgot about that blurb from awhile ago from SoE. I would much rather be able to transfer a house AND move my crates between my houses :) Yes, I want cake and I want to be able to eat it too. hehe
  12. Rolaryn Active Member

I would just like to sell the house i bought and i dont use anymore for half the sc i paid for it...then i could use that sc for deco on my new house and some1 could get a house for cheap :)
  13. Avianna Well-Known Member

With the new decorating houses for player studio you might just be able to do exactly that.
  14. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

An ability to deposit all into the moving crate would be great. And being able to search the thing would be even better.

But I would also like the ability to move some - not all - items from one house I own to another. The house vault helps for something, but if I've also placed no-trade stuff in friends' houses, and had them put stuff in mine. It'd be nice to be able to move this stuff someplace else without having to contact each other every time we decide an item would go better in the new prestige house released last week.
  15. Mysstie Well-Known Member

I wish I could search both my placed house items and those in the moving crate of any house I owned via the /finditem command. I can never remember if I already have some snazzy house item from some of these quests. You know... "Uhm, did I already get a Brewday Tapestry as a reward?". "OK, where did I stick that pig plushy of mine?"

While we're at it, have it search the Broker Salescrates as well. I have a bunch of house items stored in those 96 slot furniture crates on the broker to have access to/from any house.

The data is there.. surely they can construct a series of SQL statements to get and display it.