Why don't language items drop regardless of what zone you are killing mobs in?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by SandsMans, Aug 7, 2014.

1. SandsMans Active Member

I took a new alt through Kael Drakkel and did every quest in there (including Giant Lore and Legend), killing close to 500 giants, but damned if a single Giant Idol dropped.

Only took a matter of minutes to complete in the Thundering Steppes though.

There could be other examples of this but that one specifically stood out since it just happened.
  2. Griff Well-Known Member

Same with the Kobold Runes. My theory...higher level zones have higher level (older) mobs. Like us, they have lost a few body parts on the way. Other than that; I got nothing.
  3. Lucus Well-Known Member

I'm thinking that higher level mobs have more on their loot tables then lower levels and thus the drop chance is lower on higher level mobs.

Whenever i want language updates i head for the lowest level mobs i can find. It doesn't usually take too long.
    Belenos likes this.
  4. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Same here. The wimpy low levels give out way more stuff than their tougher counterparts. Languages, l n l, especially giants and goblins seems heavily skewed to drop much more at levels 30 and under. (Or so it seems) same with those flying doughnut shadow men.
    Belenos likes this.
  5. Deago Well-Known Member

mmmm doughnuts.....:p
  6. Feldon Well-Known Member

It's just a matter of telling/reminding devs that these items should drop from mobs in these zones. I'm guessing that Giants in Kael aren't wired up to drop the itemtable that includes giant parts.
  7. Alenna Well-Known Member

I wish they'd put the werewolves changed to vampires back in darklight woods that they when they did the darklight woods update. their is only one place pre level 90 that you can even find werewolfs that little villiage in Loping plains wher eyou need to kill htem at night game time and the lore and legend parts are VERY RARE drops from them. we did not need any more vampire teeth they drop like candy from the other places they have them and there is that cave with the vampires in DLW

Give us back the low level werewolves that have a better drop rate for L&L only one of my toons has finised that L&L because she got in before the nerf bat hit DLWs
    Belenos likes this.
  8. Katz Well-Known Member

I think you can finish that during nights of the dead. Working on memory here though, perhaps someone else can confirm or deny.
  9. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I usually camp the werewolves in Mistmoore Catacombs to get the L&L drops.