Why don't Guardian's Get Invis, Feign Death, and Heal?

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by ARCHIVED-Sunthas, Mar 24, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Sunthas Guest

Why don't Guardian's Get Invis, Feign Death, and Heal?

If we are equal tanks we should be equal in every way. Give me some way to feign, heal, and invis and I will be happy to give up some of my uber tanking abilities. ]

;)
  2. ARCHIVED-SageMarrow Guest

i want mana regen like an enchanter,

and throw in some of those reactive heals btw,

no - not those= the level 45 version, yeah,

so what if im level 20?

who are you to tell me what i cant have ???

matter of fact, im taking that assasinate skill to, oh yeah???

watch me!!!!

(eq2 of the future)
  3. ARCHIVED-Mystique Guest

LOL, I agree!!1
    Anyone who thinks that an FD skill that is way more random on failure than the EQ1 version, and has no success or failure message when used, is something they want as reparations for class balance, be my guest. Take it.
    Anyone who thinks that an invisibility spell that drains your power faster than any drink or power regen items can keep up with while active, and absolutely does not work on mobs level 41+, is something they want as reparations for class balance, be my guest. Take it.
    And anyone who thinks that a minor, percentage based heal every 5 minutes is gonna make or break a tough fight and save someone's life who's dying fast, needs to get real. You want it? Take it.
    Regards,
  4. ARCHIVED-Nemi Guest

Feign Death - 75% chance to work (so thats 1 in 4 failure)
    Invisibilty - Drains all your power in about 25seconds
    Mend - Heals for 181hp at Adept 1

Yeah, sure glad I have them and can't Tank any raid content.
  5. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

Nemi when someone refers to Mend, there refering to the entire line of spells, and yes that includes the upgrades to it. Now as i understand, Heal is the final upgrade to this line and can heal for upto, let me think, 1500 hp every 5 mins.
    Taemek Frozenberg 45th Berserker
    16th Outfitter
    Blood and Ice
    Everfrost Server

Enlightened Aonein Amillion ( retired )
    70th Stone Fist of The Celestial Fist
    Five Rings on Luclin Server
    Message Edited by -Aonein- on 03-25-2005 01:09 PM
  6. ARCHIVED-SageMarrow Guest

now i agree aoein on some levels, but nothing in game that a fighter even thinks about getting compares to something like a paladins heals. at high levels he is almost totally independent (and ive heard of situations where in EXP groups, they also can play the primary healer...) dont say it too loud though..
  7. ARCHIVED-Nemi Guest

Yes, ignore the other two skills that I showed were useless as a Tank.

Now, at 50 you can heal close to 1500hp every 5 mins, given that people also have close to 10,000 hps and mobs are hitting for 2k its not exactly earth shattering is it? Not really compensates for the inability to do the job I signed up for: Fighter, toe to toe, take the damage etc, now is it?
  8. ARCHIVED-SageMarrow Guest

brawler = enchanter = bard = red headed step child hybrid monkey boy...
    i know you dont like it- and ive got a big shiny one star inc.
    but its the truth...
    oh yeah= shaman too
    Message Edited by SageMarrow on 03-24-2005 07:50 PM
  9. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

Nemi, Monks are more damage oreintated for a number of reasons. Monks get more offenisve skills then any other fighter, and they out damage the rest of the fighter class by a significant amout when in DPS mode. With Everburning Flame and all your offensive arts that you get which total more then Guards and Berserkers, a good monk who knows how to play a DPS role can easily push out 200+ DPS. All someone has to do is look up the amount of offensive arts the Monks get, and you can clearly see that with a Self haste + all the high damage arts you get, you can clearly see that Monks are very very DPS oreintated.
    For those wondering, Everburning Flame is a self haste for monks which add 46% haste. I dont see Guardians getting any self haste combat arts and they get no where near as many high damage combat arts that Monks / Bruisers / Berserkers get. Guardians get like 2 high damage attacks that get upgraded over the course of 20 - 50, thats it, the rest are just Defensive buffs, and Single target NPC debuffs that just happen to have a low direct damage effect tied into them, a Guardian casting these arts is acually losing DPS for the time he has to stand there and cast these.
    Ill say it again, people need to learn about the archtypes in there entireity's before rambling on about stuff they know nothing about.
    16th Outfitter
    Blood and Ice
    Everfrost Server

Message Edited by -Aonein- on 03-25-2005 02:45 PM
  10. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Its % based, so please don't make me get in game with my t5 heal adept 1 and take a screenshot healing a mage for 200, because I will.
  11. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

12. ARCHIVED-sidgb Guest

Forget those trash spells. I want my Guardian to get brawler DPS.
  13. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Okay.
    I want more taunts and increased mitigation.
    Since you guys have more taunts and almost the same avoidance ;)
  14. ARCHIVED-sidgb Guest

After that Moorguard post you will probably get what you want and Guardians will get nerfed anyway. Will be shame about the number of Guardians that get retired or quit over it though.
  15. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

16th Outfitter
    Blood and Ice
    Everfrost Server

16. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

I think its funny how you try to "throw out" the things I'm right about or brush them off entirely.
    Nice try.
    When you have to say "it doesn't count because" or "well that doesn't matter it only does this..." that means you are proverbally "grasping for straws".

Rampage does count, their AoE's do count, so just shhhh.
    Message Edited by Gage-Mikel on 03-24-2005 11:04 PM
  17. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

Gage im not grasping for anything, i simply went in deeper then you could or have cause you dont understand how the rest of the archtypes work or dont want too, ethier way. Im talking about arts that acually get used on a constant basis, Rampage gets used once a hour and has a 50% chance to fail. Ive explained how Berserker AoE's work, im not going to get into it again, problem is Gage, you are dabbling in Parse data you got from months ago, with all my mighty AoE's i can barely push 140 DPS with a strong group, on a good day now, today, not yesterday, not last month, not 2 months ago.
    Only one grasping for straws is the person who tried to challenge my intelligence by using my of speech against me, your childish mind games wont work on me Gage. I have noticed you do play english teacher alot though when you are somewhat grasping for straws, or dropped your straws altogether.
    16th Outfitter
    Blood and Ice
    Everfrost Server

Message Edited by -Aonein- on 03-25-2005 05:42 PM
  18. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

19. ARCHIVED-SageMarrow Guest

dont forget that most combat arts for berserkers have a tad high potential to pull aggro because they have hate generation built into them...
    dont forget that a guardian is the only class that can compete with a zerker as far as aggro control, and even then, if the zerker wanted it - he could take it, in some cases with big level differences between the classes as well.
    so in essence when a berserker or guardian is offtanking, he cant even use some of thier combat arts because they are designed with hate building in them, and if they are gonna constantly pull aggro, then they might as well Mt. :smileywink:
  20. ARCHIVED--Aonein- Guest

I wish other Monks were as open minded and dug deep like you do Sage. The same can also be said about a Guardian when a higer level Berserker is tanking.
    16th Outfitter
    Blood and Ice
    Everfrost Server

Message Edited by -Aonein- on 03-25-2005 07:37 PM