Why doesnt Paladin relic armour look this good?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by ARCHIVED-Guy De Alsace, Jun 2, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Guy De Alsace Guest

[IMG]

?

This is city merchant bought gear. No stats on it at all, just for looks. I think it makes my Guardian look more like a Paladin than a Paladin does in Relic.
  2. ARCHIVED-Rocksthemic Guest

I think a full suit of relic wouldn't look *that* bad on a pally, but I do agree that the city armor is much more what I would imagine a paladin to look like ideally. They are supposed to be shining beacons on the battlefield, symbols of nobility and honor. The gold isn't totally out of character for it, but a little gaudy.

Thundaarr
  3. ARCHIVED-Leawyn Guest

actually, having seen a full set of relic on someone I gotta say... it looks awful. Its skin tight, and looks more like chain than plate. And bright yellow. Sigh... wish they'd make it look like plate, vanguard preferred, with the butt flap (sorry butt flap haters!)
  4. ARCHIVED-Torum76 Guest

Just doesnt seem like SOE cares about the pally class, looks like where wearing yellow PJ's...
  5. ARCHIVED-Monfar Guest

I personaly like the new paladin plate/chain armour better then the vanguard ,if it had to be vanguard I would not want the shiny dress armour but would prefer something like carbonite vanguard but a little more polished.
  6. ARCHIVED-demolition tank Guest

Paladin relic armor looks like crap, if you wanted to play a chain armor class play one, i made a plate wearer and i expect to be in plate not some gimped up looking chain. If I have to wear chain armor I want decapatate and mass ac debuffs
  7. ARCHIVED-Mephala Guest

To the OP,

Yep you look very gallant there; like a knight. I'd say wear it when you wish and compare how you do with other armor on you like less. Of course if the armor is nine levels below your level then we already have our answer. You won't do well. Often encounters are more about contrasting levels, yours and the creatures as well as the quality of your abilities.

I don't see the point to pay to play a character that you think looks disgusting and that you can not get into. Of course I am more about roleplay here. I mean who would have taken Darth Vader seriously if he had been running about in pepto-bismol pink armor with violet accents? Look is definitely part of the feel and the package. I am all for presentation and theatrics.

Message Edited by Mephala on 06-04-2006 01:58 AM
  8. ARCHIVED-Lairdragna Guest

SKs... our mirrorimage, get badass looking relic, we get the golden cleric look. Total BS!
  9. ARCHIVED-demolition tank Guest

SOE just wants us to look stupid, it's kind of their message to the paladin community that they hate our class and we should play something else.
  10. ARCHIVED-Leawyn Guest

YAAA you're back. SOE doesn't hate us. Really. They don't. so stop saying that.
  11. ARCHIVED-ECDMuppet Guest

This class is hardly hated. We have some of the best tanking potential in the game, along with the utility necessary to close any perceived or actual gaps in that tanking. When we're not tanking, we improve the group enough that we're hardly dead weight. This game loves pallies more than any game I've played.

If you want some pally hate, go play WoW. That game is now run by a former EQ1 forum troll that played a warrior, and thinks paladins should do nothing but heal.
  12. ARCHIVED-Jonaroth Guest

I dunno, I think the color and texture looks sweeet, I love it, I'm known as the "banana" or the "rotten banana" in my guild due to the yellow stuff.. But I hate how all the paly armor is all like skin tight where Warriors get vanguard style armor...
  13. ARCHIVED-Tazric Guest

I got another peice of relic last night, the shoulders, now my entire arm set is the yellow color. Its kind of hard to tell, yeah it kind of looks like chain, but then it has these sort of wedges on them that makes it look like plate. I asked several guildies they all liked the look. I like the yellow look so I'm cool wtih it. Shiney yellow plate would be better but thats ok, makes us look unique.
    On the other hand the guardian stuff looks like a lighter version of Cobalt, that would suck :)
  14. ARCHIVED-Pathin Merrithay Guest

I bought a full set of the luminous parade stuff just to wear around when I'm not in the formal dresses.

Yes, I am that picky about my looks. ;)
  15. ARCHIVED-Daydeee Guest

Apparently btw, lurking some where in the depths of Labs, should be something akin to Scouge knight armor, shoulder and head slot, tho i've never seen it..
    Since if I am correct firebrand helm and pauldrons are templar only....
    Message Edited by Daydeee on 06-06-2006 12:45 PM
  16. ARCHIVED-Pathin Merrithay Guest

They are. The equivelant Pally only items are (if memory serves) Helm of the Vindicator and Mantle of the Vindicator
  17. ARCHIVED-Wulfborne Guest

Personally, I don't think it's all that bad of a look, but a few tweaks would fix it up nicely. If the yellow were more like a shiny gold, that would help the color, IMO. The chain look... meh, not completely bad, but some larger chunks of plate in there would certainly make it appear as though we could take more hits than a bard. :)

~Sir Hawke Holyblayde, Champion of Drednever
  18. ARCHIVED-Monnkees Guest

That armor looks like the cheap plastic armor you would bye at a halloween costume shop. The metal does not even look quite like metal, just imitation crab style. But I am sure over time all of these things will be fixed, so I am not over worried about it, I am patient. :smileywink:
  19. ARCHIVED-Jonaroth Guest

So whats up with the devs always giving paladins 'medium looking' armor anyhow? I mean the lvl 20 armor quest armor (revamped) left paladins wearing (yes I know it is plate), but looks like medium armor... And relic is the same, although it is plate, it looks like chain, its skin tight just like scout gear really.. Paladins should be wearing the thickest armor visually :-\
  20. ARCHIVED-OrcSlayer96 Guest

Heheh after tier 5, i have given up on the whole idea of looking good in armor, my best tanking gear so far looks like a U-PULL-APART collection of armor with colors that even a kender would blanch at...:) Does it bug me, maybe a little, but i bring up the persona screen and look at my stats and take comfort that i have the stats to get the job done. I am looking forward to the expansion where the combined sets of armor will make it worthwhile again to have a matching set...:)