Why does my new 85 Troub 1-hit mobs 4+ levels higher?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Crescendo, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Crescendo New Member

As the title implies... I decided to try EQ2 again and made a level 85 Troub. I went around to play with my new skills, and I was able to 1-hit every mob I encountered... even mobs that were level 89. I remember when I played before, it took a while to kill things (granted my highest character was only 35).

Is this how it is at high level? One hitting everything isn't very fun.
  2. Shazbot Active Member

It's because of multi-attack.

You probably have two fast piercing weapons on that Troubador. They'll be hitting every 2.4 seconds or so, each of them will hit the mob 3+ times every 2.4 seconds and most non-triple up mobs will be dead in two cycles at the outside, even if you do not use abilities in the cycle. With crits the mobs will be dead in one cycle.

This is more a powered up character issue than anything else, because the Heroic Characters are very well geared. However it is an accurate reflection of what a raid-geared 85 would do to non-raid mobs.
  3. Kalika Well-Known Member

Bards were overland named food when Velious was released. Lot of people were running with 50/50 gear, had 50% multi attack, critical mitigation was still live.

When velious was released II saw venon wing, the icy named spider and also regular little spider (near the ring war griffon) killing scouts quite often, encounter was locked so i could not help.

Later mob got tuned down and now with heroic gear revamp players just got at least twince more powerfull.
  4. Kalika Well-Known Member