Why does /dance not work anymore?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Mae-, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Mae- Well-Known Member

This makes me sad. I used to use /dance alot, now it does nothing. I ASSUME its because I'm on a mount, but it doesn't even give the text emote it used to "Soandso dances with Whatshisname." and no more "chair dancing" on my mount. =( I hide mounts too, so it makes me sad to /dance and just stand there doing nothing.
  2. Ynnek Well-Known Member

In whatever chat tab you send category (Error Text) to, you'll find the error message: "You cannot do that while mounted".

As you note, it block dancing even with mounts hidden, or when you are mounted on a mount that isn't really a mount, such as a pair of wings.

/dances sadly
    //"You cannot do that while mounted".
  3. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

have you tried /safetydance ?
    Opal, Feldon and Juraviel like this.
  4. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

because you can dance if you want to...
    Opal, Feldon, Calthine and 2 others like this.
  5. Mae- Well-Known Member

But I can't Ttobey! And I really really want to!
  6. Killobyte Member

Well, you are no friend of mine. Btw, if ttobey were to somehow let you dance, would do a /victorydance?
  7. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

The mount states are over writing your player state. So when you are on a mount or have wings your idle state now becomes wyvern_mount_idle. There isn't a wyvern_mount_dance, so It won't play a dance. I'll bring it up, it's more code than art.
    Feara likes this.
  8. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

LOL, so if coded, will my terrorbird dance the Funky Chicken? :D

Oh, and it would be sweet if when wearing flight wings my gals could do the dance moves same as when "dismounted". :)
    Feara likes this.
  9. Mae- Well-Known Member

YAY!!! I have many fond memories of "chair dancing" on my horses back in the day. Funny stuff. If you can get it back to that state, that'd be awesome =) Thank you Ttobey!
  10. Spindle Well-Known Member

Our gnomes do the horse vaulting stance on the wyverns a lot! It's kinda fun to see 2 little gnomes standing on the saddles.
    Could we have an option to 'circus ride?'
  11. Buffrat Well-Known Member

I think a wyvern_mount_dance sounds more amazing than fixing regular dancing.
  12. Rotherian Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting for them to offer race-specific dances for the original character races in the marketplace. I'd pay good money to have a different dance than the default one that looks less like a dance and more like a seizure. o_O
  13. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

Hehe ...
    Anyways yes I agree, and all my toons are fae and arasai and they do have their own race dance. And have to say, LOVE how the fae dances :)
  14. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I want to do Gangham Style!
  15. Dragan Active Member

What, you mean cannot do the official Dance of EQ2 "Tripping over the Light Spaztastic?"
  16. Magic Missiles Active Member

I love doing the Haunting Spin while on horseback- I can spin around like the Exorcist!
  17. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

I have to get off my mount to get down to electric avenue. >.>
  18. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

And then you'll take it higher?
  19. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

And then I might fly like an eagle. XD
  20. Calthine Well-Known Member

We were liars in love and we danced, swept away for a moment by chance, And we danced, danced, danced.