Why does charm have to have a timer :(

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-FluffyGoat, Dec 20, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-FluffyGoat Guest

I don't even use it because my pet easily gets me killed when the charm breaks. Why would it hurt anything if he just stayed charmed forever?
  2. ARCHIVED-Eugam Guest

What level are you and what sort of animals do you charm ? I am 70 and have no problem with 66 bears. They cant kill me that fast that i cant charm them again. Take care and check timer before you go into combat. Thats the only moment i can die, when mobs and charmed animal go for me. So i check timer and if its lower then 3 mins i recast it.

The charm works fine, almost no resists. The big downer is the lack of animals in some zones and that we cant take them with us into dungeons. Its a nice to have when soloing or roleplaying. But in teams you need the concentration for buffs anyways.
  3. ARCHIVED-Skivley101 Guest

You must be charming some triple upps ..... just remember like the coercer ..... they become even con ..... then back to ^^^ up when they brk.....and not really sure bout this...but when you have taken them away from their point of origin they reset to full health pwr when they brk .....actually ive really only noticed this with the coercer but imagine is same with warden. "Sigh" i respect for mele warden going only str and sta lines ... I might respec back to minimum AA's for pet after i get full CA line to test the mele raid warden with the Sta line.
  4. ARCHIVED-Spag Guest

I have 8 points in to the charm. It works really well, and lasts about 30 minutes. It rarely breaks, but when it does, use your mezz to keep it under control while you recharm it. I only have 4 points in the mezz and it is plenty. When you charm a ^^^ it becomes a no arrow, but when it breaks its back to being a ^^^. So basically does little good to charm heroic mobs. When soloing and charm breaks, you can mezz your pet, root your target, back up and recharm your pet. Dont forget to cancel the mezz when you are done.
  5. ARCHIVED-Bong_water Guest

because charming animals sucks... i havent seen any practicality to it. most animals are weak as it is and are further weakend by charm AND so is the warden. using 3 conc slots fully self buffed and solo you have to drop 2 conc spells .... so either you and the pet lose Mit or resists or you can drop your Wis/power buff..... im sorry but theres no way im droping 2 great buffs for a gimped out pet. The mezz is slightly more usefull
    Message Edited by Bong_water on 12-24-2006 12:48 PM
  6. ARCHIVED-Sarih Guest

Can't agree with you Bong, but maybe I am just too low level.
    At level 33 I couldn't imagine playing without charm animal. My normal dmg really sucks. With the charm I have a pet which usually is a few levels higher then me and all of a sudden I can kill things I wouldn't dream about attacking without the pet.
    I really don't care about the two buffs I have to drop for that. Those two buffs don't do anything for me compared to the pet.

Maybe its different at lvl 70....

And if the charm breaks do as has been mentioned. The mez is a quick cast and you can re-charm. Could pop "Wisp" for a quick root if needed. But usually I can take the mobs hits and still re-charm the mezzed pet.
    Message Edited by Sarih on 12-26-2006 02:28 PM
  7. ARCHIVED-Skivley101 Guest

Even at 70 is still useful (sounds like your soloing) .... but the golden times of pet charming are probably in your range ....one thing to remember when charming pets is that down arrow's become even con .... so if your doing a quest , and finding alot of down arrow groups for it , your pet becomes more powerful than his buddies.

Cant say as i ever used this method with my warden ( was almost 70 when i started charming animals) But my coercer used this method alot to take groups.
  8. ARCHIVED-Dakkide Guest

I know this is a silly question, but... Im a Level 26 Warden now, and looked in the Spells, and also the Achievments for Warden and Druid, and I do not even see a Charm spell. s it another add-on? Thanks for any help.

Aeiloren