Why do the materials like the fragment of the Divine....?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Alenna, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Alenna Well-Known Member

Not going in either the harvest or fuel depots they a reused it craft in special recipies like the compressed essences.

and I did /bug it
    \
    we should not have ot us inventory, bank or house vault space to hold onto these items that are only used in crafting put it in the harvest depot. The Blank Runes go in the harvest depot the new Fragments and anything else not a fuel should go into the harvest depot.
    Finora likes this.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

It would be nice if amalgamations would go into the depot as well.
    Finora likes this.
  3. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

4. Mermut Well-Known Member

Any chance the fragments and amalgamations will be allowed into the depots any time soon?
  5. Hijinx Well-Known Member

I actually have ambiguous feelings about this and I think the problem lies with the fact that I want different behavior for my guild hall depot and my personal depot. A while back, Wurm suggested allowing default settings to be changed on depots and that would have solved the problem. But instead we got more bag options which really doesn't address the issue.

If we were able to change the default setting of the guild hall depots to "common" or "treasured" rather than "all", I'd be all for it. But until that happens, I think it would be a bad change. I can easily see how someone could accidentally drop a fragment into a guild depot. And if their guild doesn't allow everyone to remove items from the depot, they'd have to wait for for someone who has permission to log in. I can see that as both a headache for that person, and GMs who will no doubt have to deal with the inevitable petitions.

I just think the potential for problems outweighs the inconvenience of having to put them in shared bank space given the current depot behavior.

PS I have no problems with amalgamations in the depots.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

Hijinx, it's no different then any other rare or super rare has been in previous expacs... about 'accidently' putting them into the harvest depots. There have been things every single expac that people could 'accidently' put into the depot that they didn't want to. I don't think 'somebody might put something they don't mean to' into the depot is a good reason for disallowing things. By that token manas, reactants, raid drop items that are used in crafting, etc, should ALL be disallowed from the depot because now (or at some time in the past) they were just as precious as the Fragments are now.
    Sambril likes this.