Why do the Devs hate crafters so much?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Kristabella, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Kristabella Well-Known Member

After this last slap in the face, I have come to the conclusion that the Devs hate crafters, and don't even want to give them the time of day.

So, we were all excited (at least I was) we got new Tradeskill Quests for the 3 Tradeskill guys in Recuso Tor, Seru and Aurelian Coast. Did them religiously, to see what the new reward would be... Waited all WEEK long. Turned in coins when ever it would take them...Woo Hoo finally completed it, ran to see what I would get!!!!

Go inside Fabrication Hall, ran over to see Fen Fen, and low and behold. We now can buy Advanced recipes, you know the ones, the ones that make adepts that no one wants or needs. The ones nearly everyone already has scribed by now.

First you rush an xpac out there, obviously NOT finished. Obviously NO Tradeskill stuff. Throw what little recipes that people could actually use, behind and Adventure Overseer feature that is obviously ADVENTURE driven. Make half of the crafters useless, they can't craft anything anyone wants or needs. Then this? If you hate crafters so much why don't you just stop it all now. Get rid of them. Let them have what they have now, nothing more. Put spells behind the pay wall, or quest wall, and be done with it. In the crafting world it has been one let down after another let down after another let down. don't say anything on discord, you might get banned.

This xpack has been out how long now 7-8 months, and still nothing good? More than 10 years for new bag sizes, strong box sizes and any new totems? I for one am sick of hearing, give them time, give them a break, give them a chance. I have said it before and I'll say it again (anyone that loves crafting will understand this) Crafting is 1/2 of my game. I love it, I love harvesting, I loving making USEFUL things.

This is just awful. Either pay attention to crafters, or get rid of it, quit throwing bones, we are not dogs.
  2. Bludd Well-Known Member

they did say they were unlocking advanced recipes
    we just hoped they werent literal, but they were

at least everyone can get the adv provi book now for cheap

also that vendor will sell the coffer for the shard quest after you have collected all shards
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  3. Zell Member

you know to fix the expansion all they would have to do is increase the resolve on the crated Empyral items to 165, then reduce the required uncommon lunar material needed per item to 10-25 and make the uncommon lunar material harvest-able like all the other materials are instead of the tier 12 material planer energy being harvested in the tier 13 nodes

seriously why is the tier 12 material in tier 13 harvests and not the tier 13 material it doesn't make sense and actually looks like they just did it that way because they were in a rush to get the expansion out. if that's the case they simply just need to fix it. I won't hold my breath on that here is hoping tier 14 isn't a pile of garbage.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  4. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I don't think they hate crafters per se, they just don't have anyone there that understands it, much less spends time and thought putting it together as evidenced by all that's happened since launch. You get the same outcome when you think an automotive engineer can design and build an airplane.
  5. Adept Active Member

Tradeskills had to suffer so that Overseers could prosper
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Bhayar Well-Known Member

TSing was fubared at launch and has remained largely so since then. Overseers came much later. And so far, OS has remained unimpressive. If that's someone's idea of "prosperity," a new career at McDonalds might be just the ticket, haha.
  7. Tkia Well-Known Member

TSing has been fubared since POP when half the mechanics we'd had for the better part of 15 years started to change. The last expac just finished the job.
  8. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I didn't mean launch of game, I meant this last xpac launch or more like rocket explodinated on the gantry when they hit the ignition switch. POP started moving the rocket to the gantry and well, the rest is history.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Breanna and Tkia like this.
  9. Laaw Well-Known Member

they don't have a crafter on the dev team any more and it shows
  10. Laaw Well-Known Member

back when they brought on a person who understood, crafter mentality and not all crafters wanted to adventure as much. they would have unlocked flying after the first half of sig. quest line. but now they lose more people in the game. it's really sad.
  11. Zolar New Member

I have been away from the game for several years and just returned a few months ago. I am heartbroken at how much of a mess crafting has become (and the game in general.) Nothing is consistent, hardly anything is worth making, with no balance between items or throughout classes, several items are the same thing with different names (same appearance sometimes, even.) Why can my provisioner make armor and vice versa? It's not practical, it breaks uniqueness of the classes and of the game, it's lazy programming. Most everything with an appearance has the ugly's and the decent looking stuff is mostly station bought. House items could be so much more creative and rewarding. How many times are they going to add another ugly chest, chair, rug or banner that they just duplicated from some dungeon?

All these little annoyances, broken, bugged and corner-cut content are adding up and pushing me away from the game. Makes me want to cry as this was my go to game for most of my adult gaming life.
  12. Tkia Well-Known Member

I know what you meant. I was just pointing out that the rot set in way before that ;)
  13. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I sometimes wonder if they have anyone on staff that actually plays the game under the same constraints the players do--trade skilling or adventure. Not being disrespectful in any way, but some of the decisions in game and game mechanics that players are subjected to defy any logic used in preceding xpacs. If they do, it's not showing up in game mechanics we have to contend with.
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Dang, I miss Domino!
  15. Gerak Well-Known Member

ME TOO!!!!!!!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, AOE1 and Breanna like this.
  16. Laaw Well-Known Member

Domino rocks !!!
  17. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Its as if they gave crafting to an unpaid intern who never played the game.
  18. Melt Actually plays the game

If by launch you mean the launch of the game in 2004 I'm inclined to agree
  19. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I didn't; I was speaking specifically to this xpac as being flawed from the get go and little done to correct foundational flaws. Although a nod goes to TSing from PoM to today as a train barreling down the tracks. I think it finally went off the tracks with this launch, however on so many different levels that it truly defies description or logic.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, AOE1 and Breanna like this.
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Crafter interdependence and WORTs didn't do it for ya? /grin