Why do some people nto see Necromancer issues as a whole?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Compas, Feb 4, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Compas Guest

Once again a perfect example of my initial post. Everyone keeps getting hung up on a single side of the problem.
    I.E
    Summoners do fine /too little dps, then its coems down to gear, groups set up, specific encounters ect.
    The pets are fine, or their A.I is aweful, or the gear doesn't effect them or the gear is so miniscule of an effect that its not even worth the personal hit to use it.
    Untility eitehr becoimes teh centerpiece or just ignored along the way
    its all part of the same package, and this si where people miss the point. Summoners /Necromancers no longer have a role or a identity, we are not top dps, we are not raid/group utility , infact in the case of a necromancer we are a sopong and have to have a group/raid around us to even come close to our potential, where no other class is so dependant on other classes.
    There is no direction or vison for the Summoner its been a road of hapstance and random fixes to mages that also happens to have positive/negative impact on the summoner classes all in differenct ways.
    Compas
    80 Necromancer
    Unrest
  2. ARCHIVED-Kreagan De'Unerro Guest

Compas wrote:
    Apparently you have not played a guardian? I wish I could solo ^^^s with no issues, that were not grey. I wish I could farm KC half as well as a Necro can. I'd be rich.
    I wish I did not have to have a dirge in a group that consists of 2+top tier DPS mages or predators.
    I use to be in a raid guild that would run 3-4 summoners, cause that is what we had. One conjy would be top4 DPS, while the others would barely make 1/2 her parse. It is all about how you play your toon, what you do with the tools. Summoners are soloing class who can DPS well when played properly in any setting.
    I also play a Troub, which can not do much of anything alone, so I have to dual box with my SK to get quests done efficiently.
    ...No other class is so dependant on other classes...
    LAWLS
  3. ARCHIVED-Kharzek Guest

To Jokael's points; I see the upcoming changes as a release for tanking classes. They will not rely so heavily on those classes and other spots will open so that a raid does not require a bard in every group. That being said, with the new changes it will allow the development team new opportunities to add encounters where summoners could prove more useful, hence giving us that raid utility that people hear are clamoring for.
    (I'm still with the glass is half full mentality, at least for the immediate future following GU 51-ish)
  4. ARCHIVED-Kreagan De'Unerro Guest

I agree I am anxxious for the agro changes, but that being said I still can not do what other classes can do solo, like a summoner, or a ranger, or a brawler,etc...
    We each have our niche, and we all have to understand what that niche is and do it to the best of our ability.
    There are alot of classes that can not do anything wihtout other classes, bards for example, have been hurting in the solo department for a very long time.
  5. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Kharzek wrote:
    Incorrect. At least on a raid, all that does is move the Assassin or Swashbuckler out of the MT group, and permanently cements a Warden instead in their place. The classes that are in the MT group already (Tank, Cleric, Shaman, Coercer, Dirge) will continue to be wanted in the MT group just as much as before.
    Which means we go from having a MT-group scout that was receiving MT group DPS buffs, to another DPS class to compete for a DPS raid spot.
    And for groups, tanks will still highly desire a Dirge and Enchanter for their defense and DPS buffs, aggro buffs, and mana regen.
    Our only saving grace as Summoners is that Sorcerers and Predators might have to back off on their damage output significantly (due to Tanks probably not holding as much aggro) while us Summoners won't have to back off as much.
  6. ARCHIVED-Tsunai Guest

Did a bit of cleaning of non-pertinent posts since Kiara's post (so many already! o_O). Take any personal beefs to PMs please and keep the thread on topic.
  7. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

That is enough.
    Take the personal bickering and issues elsewhere.
    These forums are not the staging grounds for individual wars and further attacks on each other or the moderators, or further trolling will not be permitted.