Why do Monk Adept 1's cost so much?

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-BLOODkane, Dec 28, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-BLOODkane Guest

I was looking on a broker and poeple are charging 50s a pop or more for these. Most I have ever had is 1 gold so I took the opportunity to buy 2 adept 1s for my brawler skills at the time. Now I am down to 1s and 15 copper and using mostly Apprentice II, some Apprentice 1's and a few Apprentice III skills...If I could get those adepts I'd be much better than I am now :(
  2. ARCHIVED-Alarr Guest

On Befallen (server) I've seen Adept 1's go for 3 gold. However, these are higher level skills. What I have noticed is that prices are all over the place. Mend Adept 1 is selling for 20 silver and 3 gold at the same time.
  3. ARCHIVED-Coraz2 Guest

4. ARCHIVED-Grabaan Guest

On Innothule, most of the Lvl 1-20 stuff sells for about 20-40s, lvl 20-30 stuff roughly 70s-1g and anything 30-40 goes around 1g-8g depending on the skill and class.

Bear in mind these are Adept 1's. Adept 3's on Innothule are few and far between, and usually start no lower than 10g

My feeling is that at least the higher end skills are being overpriced on our server, where purportedly Adept3's are more the norm on the populated servers.

Either way, gold pieces aren't hard to come by if you're in zones like Zek,EL, RE, etc. Bascially zones geared for 25+ it's not uncommon for me to make several gold an evening without specifically trying to make money.

I'm curious what pricing is like on the more populated servers.
    Message Edited by Grabaan on 12-28-2004 02:11 PM
  5. ARCHIVED-Alarr Guest

Under level 20 it is.
  6. ARCHIVED-Varg_MM Guest

I almost hate to say this (for fear of competition!) but make a freeport mule and you'll get some really nice deals for good aligned classes.

The reverse is true for evils. I have a standing deal with a bruiser friend that we buy each other's adept 1s.
  7. ARCHIVED-Dooyas Guest

Why make a mule? Just use the Fence, usually the deals make it cheap enough that even payin 40% more you save.

Some tips on buying cheap, and making money.

Skip App2's, waste of bloody money. The skill increase is really not relevent for the money you are spending.

Shop around. Do not think you have to buy the 1st one you see. If it is overpriced, let someone else pick it up. The most I ever paid for a Adept was 1g and that was for FD.

Watch when you are shopping, if you are looking at things during primetime, chances are you are paying more. If you go to school or work in the mornings, get up about 15 mins early and give a look (as long as you are living in the west.). You will have a much much larger selection to choose from as long as you get on before the morning patch. Type in Adept and do a search around 8pm PST and you may get 40-50 pages, do the same search at 6am PST and you are getting 170 pages usually.

Always check the fence. And start keeping track of normal prices on your server. Hop back and forth a few times if you have to, sometimes you can save the majority of your cash.

Shop ahead. This one I can not stress enough. Start shopping for your lvl 20 - 30 skills now. Get to know the price so you know when they are selling for cheap. One day you will run across someone just trying to make some quick cash and only pay 30s for Play Dead Adept like me :) Keep the skills on you, this way you do not have to worry about heading back to town, or going shopping everytime you lvl up.

Anyway, those are some of the tricks I use. I have the majority of my skills as adepts, and a stash on them on my bags for the next 5-6 lvls.
  8. ARCHIVED-BLOODkane Guest

Thanks Dooyas

I go to work in the afternoon and play late nights and wake up mid mornings. The most monk adepts or app3's I have ever seen at any time (on Oasis server which is Moderate-High population) is 1-2 pages. That's it. It makes me mad too because the cheapest Adept 1's at level 20 are 50s minimum it seems and I just dont have that kind of cash when the only thing I can sell to merchants is canine saliva or a jute peice of cloth lol.

I will try looking in FP but you cannot do a shared bank between an evil and good character (I've tried) so I guess I'll just have to take up tradeskilling to make my own.
  9. ARCHIVED-Dooyas Guest

Oh, I should have also mentioned, a good way to make money is by harvesting, a good 3 hour harvest session can net me about 2gold.
  10. ARCHIVED-Coraz2 Guest

Try joining the auction channel. I know a wizard that levels up his alchemy about as fast as my levels and he always gladly makes all my app3s for about 1g each.

As for Adept1s.... I never see any for the useful ones. I think everyone buys them while I'm not looking. I've certainly never seen them drop. Or they never drop at all. It's easier to get an adept3 made than it is to find an adept 1. Pouncing tiger, mend, everburning flame and striking cobra adept1 x5000 always for sale... never anything else.
  11. ARCHIVED-Winnoe Guest

How strange... for me I ALWAYS see Swooping Dragon, Mend, Martial Discipline, Pouncing Tiger & Striking Cobra on ALL the time. I'm actually trying to find Everburning Flame Adept 1 ...
  12. ARCHIVED-BLOODkane Guest

Guess it depends on the server, Oasis is a ghost town for adepts
  13. ARCHIVED-Coraz2 Guest

Yeah I see those all too. Adepts aren't coded by server.