Why do I have to wait 20 seconds to log out?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Grundge, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Grundge Active Member

I understand when you are out in the world, that is fine, but when you are in a city, shouldn't it be instantaneous?

In EQ, when you are in plane of knowledge, it is an instant log out. Why not do that here as well?

I know its not game-breaking stuff here, but I think its a convenience worth implementing.
  2. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Rather than have them implement a solution that others may not want (in other words, instead of forcing others to camp instantaneously when they would rather not), wouldn't it be better if you had the option to log out instantly (either to character select or to desktop) regardless of your game location, but only when you chose to do so?

If you answered yes to that question, then I have good news for you. That option already exists within the game. I'm going to show you images (which will probably look anywhere from slightly to quite a bit different than yours because I don't use the default UI - however I have a guild member that uses both the default UI and this option every day, so I'm reasonably certain that you'll be able to do so, as well) to show you how to access them. (Kind of a mini-tutorial.)

First, click on your game startmenu button. If you use the default UI, it is the big EQII button. If you use a custom UI (such as ProfitUI), you may be able to alter the size of the icon, so it may not be that big. Mine looks like this (because functionality is more important to me than having a button taking up a lot of screen space within which I could put other things):

[IMG]

Anyway, clicking that button pulls up your startmenu. One of your selections (on mine it is the last one) will be the camp window. Select that.

[IMG]

This pulls up a window that gives you four (or more) options (depending upon UI). In the following picture, the one identified with light blue allows you to camp to character select immediately. The one highlighted with bright green allows you to camp to desktop immediately. Their actual locations may vary depending upon which UI you use, but the text on the buttons should be very close to what those buttons read.

[IMG]

Hope that helps.
    DreadRoberts likes this.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

You can type /quit to exit instantly (from your point of view).
  4. Karrane Well-Known Member

/exit works too =)
  5. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Well, i do undertand you´re need to get fast off, but where is the diffrence from camping anywhere waiting some seconds, to going to a place (which takes a few more seconds) to get out instant? ^^ (Other things then, quality testing didnt come to mind ^^)
  6. alQamar Active Member

I /exit everytime i'm not just switching characters.
  7. Kaedian66 Active Member

In a similar vein, you can /camp charactername to swap characters rapidly.