Why do druids have the lightest armor?

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-TimidMouse, Aug 23, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-TimidMouse Guest

Among the healing classes that is? I have always wondered this, is there a particular reason why druids cannot be allowed to wear heavier armor (other than roleplaying purposes)?
  2. ARCHIVED-quetzaqotl Guest

Well this being a rpg Id say thats nuff said heh.
    But its the whole idea of druids getting everything from nature etc. so you see a lot of leather
    Tho the armor we get doesnt look that druidish to me I would greatly prefer armor like a wolf's
    pelt and maybe some armor made out of animal bones/sea shells or out of leaves etc. the tier 5 leather look, looks a little
    too civilized to me druid armor looks kinda drab imo weve got nothing to show off as fabled armor looks just like legendary.
    Also I would like it if classes were restricted to their armor type I mean a cleric shouldnt be able to wear leather, but changing that now
    would really infuriate many classes and rightfully so.
    Ah well.
  3. ARCHIVED-Saben01 Guest

Yeah, i think more earthy tones to our armor would be cool, greens and browns and the such. Would be a whole lot better then this blue stuff. lol

Relica Sazon
    50 Gnome Warden
    Member of Shadowed Strife
  4. ARCHIVED-Iseabeil Guest

druids = light armour, highest HP
    clerics = heavy armour, lowest HP
    shamans = medium armour, medium HP
    i never heard of anyone doin the counting to see if it evens out, but thats why tho.
  5. ARCHIVED-Owlbear Guest

It stems from the D&D days I'm sure. Other than lore or rp reasons there is no "official" reason other than to make the priests different in some way.
    In D&D lore worked metal was considered tainted by man and interferred with their spell casting (they could wear worked metal armor but could not cast in it). So they had to wear natural protection which meant animal skins and such (leather armor). They wielded wood weapons when ever possible and could use sickles, sythes, and scimtars as they were considered holy weapons.
    Just be thankfull rare leather is a lot cheaper than ebon :)
  6. ARCHIVED-Croake Guest

Actually, on Live with buffs my mitigation is way up there quite close to a cleric's. Obviously lower, but not by a whole lot. This of course will change with the combat changes I'm sure.