Why do chanters suck? PLZ?

Discussion in 'Coercer' started by ARCHIVED-Beghard, Aug 4, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Beghard Guest

Ok so heres the dig..... I played V:SOH for a little while. I had a little Psionist who was freakin awsome. Man i tell you what, instant AoE mez, great buffs, cool spells. Charm was cool because i could take all the abilities and powers of what ever i charmed. It was great for CC cause i could charm A mob and have him tank B mob for as long as i wanted. I could also do a very good amount of DPS. Hell, he was a pretty cool little guy! :-D So i decided to come back to EQ2 and try to do the same thing. Yeesh. I know the comparison to the Psi has been made zillion times but i just wanted to 2nd the opnion and add to it. In VG I was getting resisted a stupid amount by mobs just 2 or 3 lvls hire than me by ALL my spells, that was with int caps and everythign else. I alwasy thought in VG "I wish you could upgreade you spells in this game like in EQ2 so i wouldnt get resisted so much!" yada yada yada Why cant they give us charm that is actualy good? They could at least make it so that only the M1 version of our spells are as good(worth keeping on hotbar) as the ones in VG if they are worried about us being over powered. It was perfectly balanced in VG, theres no way its actualy that hard to make it work here. Its compleatly Risk Vs Reward! If you charm a 6dot/ ^^^ and it breaks your dead! Seems like pretty simple RvR to me. If you charm a ^^^ and it turns into a solo mob with less hp and dps, thats not a charm, its a cheap fix for what even V:SOG did rite! *VG did have alot of problems with the PSI not being able to charm things post 40
  2. ARCHIVED-thebunny Guest

[p]Chanters suck? Wow, didn't know that...[/p][p]In all seriousness, I do agree it's silly that mobs get "nerfed" when you charm them. However, finding the right mob to charm is the key. http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Coercer_Pets has a good list of what pets are good for the majority of zones in EQ2. Find the right pet for you and you'll be pleasantly surprised at what you can kill.[/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-nirate Guest

[p]corpse flames or corpse candles[/p][p]thats the only mob left in the game worth charm[/p][p]or the mobs in nizara[/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-DwarvesRUs Guest

One pet that I've found I like that's not on this list is the big huge gargoyles on the way up to MMC. Level 74^^^ so when charm breaks, it's easy to be screwed if you aren't on your game, but. . . autoattack of 900+, and 2K specials being thrown every 6-10 seconds is pretty decent.
  5. ARCHIVED-jeremyhwilson Guest

Why run that big risk charming one of those gargoyles just for that amount of damage when a Mistmoore Censor does just as good with little or no risk of breaking charm :-?
  6. ARCHIVED-DwarvesRUs Guest

Oriax@Runnyeye wrote:
    [p]Becuz it looks awesome! Sometimes you just gotta look good doing things too. . . .[/p][p][IMG] [/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-Sigunn Guest

That pic is truly awesome. Makes me want to go there and charm one at once!
    /Ramborg
  8. ARCHIVED-MerleApAmber Guest

/LoL
    and then someone in your group whines about how they can't target around your pet and would you plaueesse turn it into a Ratonga...
    (< goes back to two grouping + pet) /chuckle
  9. ARCHIVED-DwarvesRUs Guest

Nah, it was just me and that templar in the pic. We were cutting through the Lyrechs like butter with that pet. She just kept it healed. Worked quite nicely, actually.