Why did my weapons go from White to Blue halfway through level 25?

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Cusashorn, Jan 19, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

I'm a level 25 human monk. I'm using Firwood Fighting Batons and a Dwarven Staff of Cleansing...

When I dinged level 25, I *KNOW* that both these weapons were white.

I just completed the Zek Access boat ride, and when I did, I heard a ding. Now I'm *STILL* only halfway through level 25, and I doubt my group members gained XP when I finished the quest...

But now both my Firwood Fighting Batons and my Dwarven Staff of Cleansing are blue...

Can anyone explain why that happened?

I've also come to the conclusion that its almost impossible to actually make any decent amounts of money without investing in tradeskills. Those tradeskills are so confusing as it is.. being a time sink greater than the entire Vex Thal Key Quest from EQlive is not helping any. I've never held any more than 7 gold in my entire life. Money is a problem for me now that I have to buy more expensive foods and weapons. At the rate I'm going, I can forget about ever buying a larger house..

At level 25, I'm noticing there arn't very many weapons I can use that won't become white when I ding 26. I can't find any good Orange weapons or anything.

Anyone have any suggestions for replacement weapons for a 25 monk?
  2. ARCHIVED-Craaq Guest

You get skillups on a scaling systems you level (every 20% xp it goes up 1 or something iirc).
    So your crushing or whatever went up as you got more xp in the same level and turned your white con weaps blue.

On the money thing, try node harvesting...1 rare = 5-15 gp. I've gotten probably 3 or 4 rares in my lifetime and thats just clicking as I'm running through a zone to join a group or on a quest.
  3. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Yeah. I node harvest and collect money from the wholesale quests. I don't find much in the way of rares, but I sell collected items as well. Pristine Shards, weathered bones, etc etc..
  4. ARCHIVED-Need Guest

Higher level gets better loots from dead mobs. Not only do they sell higher to other players, they sold higher to NPC merchant also. You know those meat or bones that are common drops from mobs, they have different values coming from different level of mobs even if they have the same name. A <10 mob meat would be around 15cp, a <20 meat around 50cp, a <30 meat around 2sp, when you get up to the 40's... any common meat will be sold for around 15 to 25sp each.
  5. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Common drops 40+ sell for 2g or more. Also you can sell t5 common harvests for 2.4 to 3g a stack, and it doesn't take long to fill up your inventory. I find that roots/wood/stones/metals sell the best to people skilling up the various tradeskills.
    The way the tier system works is you get 5pts per tier, and 1pt per every 20%. Which is why you have mini dings at 60% and 80% into a level sometimes, which allocates you a new skill.
    Say your weapon maxes at 245 (lvl 49) so by the time you are a little bit into 49 your skill will be 246 or higher and the weapon/item will turn blue.
  6. ARCHIVED-Apathetic Guest

Didn't know about the whole 1pt per 20% thing... thats good to know...